Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Computer Problems!

2»

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get it working yet? Try turning it off and then re-booting, lol.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get it working, I let it boot up and sit for half an hour or more, rolled back, upgraded and it seems to work as well as one can expect from Windows 10.

I have noticed lately that Chrome has become a resource hog, and the print quality is terrible so I've been using the Edge browser.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went through this too... my 4-month old computer tried updating, but then it couldn't install the update and would take 5min undoing the changes.  Same thing, day after day upon startup.  I finally had to restore the HD to a safe point, install a fresh copy of Win10 w/ the updates off a CD, and I have my fingers crossed for now.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week I recall hearing about the Russians taking over our routers then the FBI took over control of the site, not sure I am comfortable with either.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen so many problems in all my years using a PC as I have with the latest update. This update is pure trash and evidently was released without testing.
    I have been screaming for 2 weeks and finally used Windows 10 Manager by Yamicsoft. It has at least got it to a point I can use it, But I still do not dare to use any of the old Windows apps. Even task manager is hosed.
    And what is the difference between Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows 10? It keeps, on boot, asking which do I want to use. If I use MS Win 10 it works a lot better.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linux.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    The latest update fixed some problems for me.  No problems. Weird.

Before this update, my laptop has refused to wake up after it went to sleep.  It would rainbow pixelate my screen after a few updates ago and I'd have to do a hard reset.  The new update talks with the drivers correctly, it seems.  It wakey wakeys on demand now.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's weird; my newish HP desktop doesn't/didn't like the last two updates, but my 4 YO Lenovo laptop (named it Lenny) has had zero issues from day one, even going from Win8 to Win10 and all the updates don't faze it.  I'd like to know what makes one work, and not the other.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a newish MSI gaming laptop.  I'd heard about some display problem from a couple updates ago that were affecting MSI and some HP laptops, iirc.  Whatever it is, it hasn't happened to me. 

Really, I think there's a little mogwai inside each computer and some updates are like feeding them after midnight.  You just never know which updates will affect yours negatively.  But getting them wet is always bad.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options

• Options
    Oh great, another update lurking in the shadows. I can at least visit this forum and now "they" want to update again. Is there no end to microsoft? What treachery this time?