Home Non Cigar Related
Options

This was smothered....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
This was smothered in another more commanding thread but it deserves its own. Here it is:

jlmarta:
Have ya seen this "Hands up - Don't Shoot" story?

Click here

This one'll stay buried....

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad. Every time. And by every time, I mean statistically speaking, isn't thugs shooting unarmed civilians veritably more common than cops shooting unarmed civilians? So, who's really at risk?

Here's another recent story about a tragic shooting. Happened in my neck of the woods. Even though another man is dead, this story has a better ending.

Click here<
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both stories are sad, yet I'm glad the store owner was able to protect himself. While what that kid did was disgusting, I also find it very sad that a 15 year old has thrown his life away for probably a chance at stealing $50. Not to mention ending someone else's life for the same... but if he even doesn't spend life in jail, he will never be a productive person.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Ill be honest i really wanted to see a burrito when i clicked on this.
    But seriously at 15... wow
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This story is not news, because something similar happens every day.

What we need is more gun control to ensure the dog walker ain't packin. Or else more inner city basketball parks. Or a bonus for every fatherless bastid. Perhaps a government boondoggle to give these youths a head start in school. There's got to be some species of coercion or subsidy that will instill better character, don't you believe? At the very least, we should elect a community organizer to represent this constituency. That alone would inspire hope and change much better than consequences.

A Great Society.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the main stream media has taken it upon themselves to ignore what is really going on and would rather promote the sharptons and jacksons then wait for the truth and report it. And they also, like someone on here, refuse to correct their assertions that a cover up was in progress from the beginning. Add holder and obozo to the mix and you have one big lie compounded by the position of agenda and power, and they also never return to the scene to correct it.

If we had actual journalists who "reported" facts and waited for the actual truth to come out we would have a h#ll of a lot less trouble in this country. Just think about it....the truth on a regular basis from real reporters, and not readers for people who do not understand the damage they are causing just to get ratings.

And I agree that we should throw more millions on useless programs just so we can say we are doing something instead of doing something. And lets pass more laws that affect only honest people, so we can say we are on top of things instead of being on top of things.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    This story is not news, because something similar happens every day.

What we need is more gun control to ensure the dog walker ain't packin. Or else more inner city basketball parks. Or a bonus for every fatherless bastid. Perhaps a government boondoggle to give these youths a head start in school. There's got to be some species of coercion or subsidy that will instill better character, don't you believe? At the very least, we should elect a community organizer to represent this constituency. That alone would inspire hope and change much better than consequences.

A Great Society.

Ha ha. Sure glad you didn't resort to sarcasm with your reply, Webby. (snort, chuckle) ??
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even get me started!