Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Time to say Thank You to DZR....

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I've been debating how to go about this for the past week and finally decided to just skip all of the espionage and just put it out there. WE ARE GOING TO BOMB MR STOGIESTAND!!!! Here was my plan, but I'll happily take other suggestions since I would like to see this be a large group activity. THE REASON: Daniel has sent out countless Stogie Stands to us over the past couple years for free (I have 6 myself). I know many of us have bombed him in return already, but I would like to see us do something rather grand as a thank you as a whole from the forum for all of his hard work and generosity. THE BOMB: I would like to create a custom pair of Chuck Taylor's for Daniel. In the very least, I would need a shoe size. Daniel, if you already have an awesome design picked out, please share. We could also have each participant create a pair and let DZR pick his favorite. We need some discussion as to how we want to do this. I imagine we will raise more money than the cost of the shoes. Any extra will go toward some Davidoffs (however much we can afford). YOUR CONTRIBUTION: Ccom sells various (inferior) cigar holders for $5. All I'm asking for from each person that would like to contribute is $5. Obviously, you can do more or less as you see fit. I imagine we can find enough contributors to cover the cost of the new kicks at just $5 each easily. My PP is adschaaf1@yahoo.com if you would like to join in. Here's the LINK to the Converse page if you want to check it out. So talk to me guys. Who's in? How can we make this even better? Daniel, what size Chucks do you wear? Let's do this!!! Contributors (so far): bandyt09 rsherman24 RCY Gray4lines Bigshizza Stubble Irish Puff Dougie kingjk729 CharlieHeis Edna20 peter4jc reggie713 Crousefer jimmyv723 Matkn293 avengethis Bob Luken SMOK3Y bigfnsteve jliu Trident The3Stogies patrickbrick brianetz1 WaltBasil benhanks 0patience SleevePlz Echambers
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PP sent.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funds Sent
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    In, I'll be pming shortly
  • Options
    Todd and Carl, thank you! Got the money. This should be fun :)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR: heads up medium flat rate USPS Tracking 9405 9036 9930 0392 6273 32.

And Tony, thanks for doing this man, I will send over at least double that amount asked if not more this evening. Need to wait for the missus to get back to do this for me since I'm working today. Great idea and love what you're doing man!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good time, like to get in on this, but I don't PP, I just caca. Be glad to send a little cash though if that's alright.

But I will need your addy, hehe.
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    Sounds like a good time, like to get in on this, but I don't PP, I just caca. Be glad to send a little cash though if that's alright.

If he doesn't give it up I got you George.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    The3Stogies:

I also bank with Chase, so QuickPay is also an option. Same email. Otherwise, snail mail is fine. PM me if you need the address, but please only mail an envelope.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ... buy socks with the extra money. you know this forum will send too much. just saying.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $$ sent for a great idea!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ... buy socks with the extra money. you know this forum will send too much. just saying.
    Yeah, I figured when we finalized the shoe design I would snag a few pair of socks that would match nicely :)
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow guys ... i don't even know what to say
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    For starters, your shoe size.................
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm guessing an 8
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm guessing an 8
    Children's 8?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea. I'll send paypal soon.
  • Options
    Sent Tony :)
  • Options
    I suppose I should point something out before too long. I'm going to avoid posting how much each person contributes for a couple reasons. One, the amount is irrelevant. It's the thought that counts. Second, I would like everyone to contribute that wants to without feeling that we are "done" and met our goal. This will also leave a little bit of suspense for Daniel as to what exactly he will be receiving. However, I don't want there to be any thoughts of impropriety on my part, so before it is all said and done, I would like to show someone a screenshot of my Paypal activity and what we spent on stuff. Just want to keep everything on the up and up without throwing everything right out in the open. I will maintain a list of the participants on the original thread, though. All that said, we are already doing VERY well. This should end up being pretty epic. I would love to start seeing some member's ideas for the shoes, as well.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, Tony! I'll send something via PP ASAP. This is a great idea!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm in on this and have sent the money ...... Great idea Teach.....
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I suppose I should point something out before too long. I'm going to avoid posting how much each person contributes for a couple reasons. One, the amount is irrelevant. It's the thought that counts. Second, I would like everyone to contribute that wants to without feeling that we are "done" and met our goal. This will also leave a little bit of suspense for Daniel as to what exactly he will be receiving. However, I don't want there to be any thoughts of impropriety on my part, so before it is all said and done, I would like to show someone a screenshot of my Paypal activity and what we spent on stuff. Just want to keep everything on the up and up without throwing everything right out in the open. I will maintain a list of the participants on the original thread, though. All that said, we are already doing VERY well. This should end up being pretty epic. I would love to start seeing some member's ideas for the shoes, as well.
    Tony, IMHO, you are beyond a stand up and honest guy. If someone feels they need "verification" and I'm not saying anyone has or will ask, then they shouldn't be donating.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PP sent, Tony. I'd like to see what design DZR would come up with. Here's my design...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    PP sent, Tony. I'd like to see what design DZR would come up with. Here's my design...

Awesome Doug! Let's keep em coming.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Tony, IMHO, you are beyond a stand up and honest guy. If someone feels they need "verification" and I'm not saying anyone has or will ask, then they shouldn't be donating.
    Truer words have never been said.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donation sent, thanks for organizing!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In. On. The. Fun.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
  • Options