Home General Discussion
Options

Wineador humidity/hygrometer readings

Hi everyone, I recently purchased this NewAir CC-100 250 Count Cigar Cooler from Amazon which came already set up with a drawer and two shelves. I set it up with the instructions it came with and within a week I was able to get the readings I wanted on my xikar PuroTemp digital hygrometer (67% RH 69*F) here is where my problem comes in. I purchased the xikar PuroTemp witeless hygrometer cause the Wineador is setup up on the opposite side of my house and want to keep a eye on it without have to actually go there. The regular hygrometer is on front of the drawer which is on the top. I placed the wireless one on the bottom. The temp reading on both is the same but the RH level on the wireless one reads in the high 70's. I'm using humidity bead that are equally place on each level. The Wineador has 3 cubic feet of storage. Can anyone suggest anything. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Nick. Welcome aboard. First question - when was the last time both hygrometers were calibrated?
  • Options
    Hi Marty,
    Thanks for your response. I calibrated both even though xikar told me the the wireless one doesn't need calibrating.
    Nick
  • Options
    Did you do them simultaneously and did they both read the same at the end of the salt test? It just sounds to me, based on their differing readings, that they didn't start out reading the same. Correct me if I'm wrong... ??

Edit: I just re-read your original post. Is the hygro mounted on the humi an analog unit??
  • Options
    There is analog one there but I mounted the digital on next to it and placed the wireless one upright on the bottom. They were calibrated separately once I get home tonight I'm going to callibrate them together.
  • Options
    Okay. Chances are very good that the analog one is inaccurate but both digital units should start out reading the same after the salt test....
  • Options
    I'll let you know how this works out.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick the wireless on at the top with the other one and see hat the reading is. I get fluctuations in my winedor from top to bottom as well. Although it's not that much from top to bottom. The other thing I would suggest is a small fan of some sort to help circulate air to help level out the humidity. The 1 internal fan that you probably have is not enough.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!