Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

CAO Vision Catalyst, who wants one?

i'm a newby, and i'd like to meet some brothers of the leaf. the first 3 people who reply to this post telling me about your favorite smoke and the first place you experienced it will recieve a nice miny bomb in the mail. thanks and hurry

Comments

• My favorite smoke to date is the Camacho Select Super Robusto....the first time i enjoyed it was 3 or 4 months ago...Me and a buddy of mine were sitting in his hot tub, each smoking one and the snow was coming down around us while we were "chilling" in the 104 degree hot tub...it was GREAT!! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to trying the CAO Vision!! I'll PM you my info... Aaron
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    my fav smoke would have to be the aroma de cuba. Cant recall the first time I smoked one, but ill tell you about the most memorable... I went camping with a few freinds up by mount baker, we did a day hike around, it was beautiful. Then we topped off the evening with food cooked over an open fire and great brew. Then I broke out some cigars for me and one of my buddys, and the other two broke out their pipes. I had given him cigars to try before but he was not impressed by what I gave him. On this trip we each had an aroma de cuba churchill. He told me it was an amazing smoke, I agree.
  • RailedRailed Posts: 30

Well then,   my favortie smoke would be the Punch Rare Corojo. I actually remeber the first time it tried this stick.   I was sitting on my patio on a cooler summer evening in Phoenix.  I kept hearing good things about this cigar, so i remeber being rather eager to light it up.  anywasy i will spare you the review, needless to say i went down and bought a box of the magnum tubed the next day.

• RailedRailed Posts: 30

almost forgot.

Welcome to the forum.  This is a great place for information if your new to cigars.

One suggestion, when you buy a humidor go big.  if you get a small one you will out grow it before you know it.

Grant

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum.
    im number 4 but thats ok ill still tell you my favorite cigar.

opusX no4.
    wonderful on all levels. Id try and tell you about it but it would take up too much space.
  • i'll tell you what. i smoked a oliva seris o the other day and man was it good. i thought about eating the nub when i was done.
  • Ha Ha! have you had the nub yet? i'm about to order some. too interesting not to.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭

I'm a newbie too and just learning about the art of the cigar so I may not have as much experience as others but I will share as well as I hope to build my knowledge of the cigar.

I used to smoke cigars with my roommate a few years back and had one that was great but can't remember what it was for the life of me.  (I know, shame on me.)  I have just started smoking again with my brothers-in-arms over here in Iraq as we sit around a fire and talk.  It's a good escape as any conversation remotely "work" related is strictly forbidden.  I started off my collection with a custom sampler from cigar.com.  I'll say, I made some great choices.  Of course there were a couple that weren't so good too.

So far my favorite has been the Gurkha Legend, nice construction, smooth draw, great flavor, and very little after taste.  It had a nice even burn and was just an all around pleasure to smoke.  Now my least favorite was the Danli Reserve Ltd. Edition Sungrown.  It looked promising but I just didn't enjoy the flavor at all.  It seemed a bit harsh to me but everyone has their own preferences.

• thats awesome! hey man, thanks for what you do over there, its very important. i'm not exactly a cigar newbie, only new to the cigar.com forum, but none the less, bc of so many new blends that cigar companies masterfully create, all aficianado's are eternally newbies. where you stationed over there? i'm about to open a cigar shop with some friends here in florence alabama. its pretty exciting. i hope and pray it all works out. stay safe over there dude. and again, thanks for what your doing over there. your awesome!

I'm on the North side of Baghdad, based about 5 miles away from the heart of the infamous Sadr City.  At least for the next few weeks.  After that I go back to my regular base that is about another 10 miles Northwest of here.

On a different note, that's funny that your shop is openeing in Florence, AL, beause my home back in the states is also in Florence.  Only my Florence is in Colorado.  Good luck with the shop, and if I'm ever down that way, I will make sure I stop in.

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Let me know when your shop opens.  Florence is one of the shopping areas that we go to, since it takes 2 hours to get to any major city from home.
  • i sure will. hopefully we'll have money on hand here in about a week and then we'll have a soft opening in the middle of may, and then a grand opening Hopefully June 1st. it'll be a cigar bar. everybody in this forum is more than invited. we'll be giving out nice nice cigars for free for the first month.
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    I have always loved the CAO gold, however I just smoked a CAO Gold Maduro (a CAO gold with a maduro wrapper), and it was fantastic. A little aging would have smoothed out some of the rough edges, but the Maduro wrapper has a culminating sweet finish to it that is beyond belief. How is the Vision anyways?
    rdnstn:

if you liked the legend then you may want to take a look at the centurian. i think that the centurian is a beter smoke overall.

• VinniumVinnium Posts: 12
    I to am a newbie. I know that i am not anywhere near the top three but wanted to share my experience, and maybe get some help. My first cigar was down in disney world of all places. a nice little shop in downtown disney. I had a very smooth, rich cigar and all i can remember about it was that it was a "White Label", cant remember the brand. I was so new to cigars I am not sure if i liked it because it was good, or becasue I was new? Any help with brand would be great, my local tobacconist shop doesn't carry anything with a "white Label" line. thanks
    Thanks for the advice Kuzi. Believe it or not, I actually have one sitting in my humidor right now. Gonna let it tease me a little.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    My guess on the white label would be a Montecristo White. I would imagine that it would be very good for a newbie, I just don't like mild cigars anymore. I used to when I was just starting out as well. Start with the connecticuts, then go to the natural wrappers, and keep getting stronger until you find what you like the best. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=299
  • VinniumVinnium Posts: 12

Monte Christo......??? That does sound right, Thanks!!! I am hoping to move from mild to wild but I am taking my time. Thanks again.

Brian

rdnstn:
    Thanks for the advice Kuzi. Believe it or not, I actually have one sitting in my humidor right now. Gonna let it tease me a little.
    the older they get the better they burn. ... better let it tease you a lot.
  • could have been a Torano virtuoso, cao vision, don peppin garcia JJ. gran habana siglos 3 fuma, they are all semi mild except the dpg. save up some money and order 3 cuvee grands from cigar. com. middle range in power but high level enjoyment. one of my favorite cigars.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    got my vision in the mail the other day plus a little "liquid bonus" thanks!
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Railed said:

almost forgot.

Welcome to the forum.  This is a great place for information if your new to cigars.

One suggestion, when you buy a humidor go big.  if you get a small one you will out grow it before you know it.

Grant

...and then plan on buying another if you like Infused cigars or like me, one just for the 'roons!  ;)
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is from 2008, your not getting a response image
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    This thread is from 2008, your not getting a response 

spinning turn pointing taran killam i see what you did there You,......... responded. 

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best **** socks ever.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing more than @tabako trying to get his post count up...   :smile:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    I'm lost, could someone please explain. Another poor newb wanting to not fall prey to the darkness  that are vet pranks.
    The secret word is cigars!