Home Non Cigar Related
Options

School

So i just enroled to WyoTech in Laramie and its super scary because its such a life event. Its about 30k for tuition (and dont tell anyone but im about 38k short of that). Ill come out knowing how to build a car from the ground up and eventually get into the car restoration field.
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, it's always kind of scary when you start something new.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how you feel. I just signed up for law school, and it's like a $140k+. That's a house in most states, but you can sit around and wait for something to happen. I am sure it will work out for you.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm at admissions right now waiting to meet with an advisor...and I have not been to school in 8 years. Nervous to say the least.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, best investment you can make is in yourself.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Way cool gentlemen, to the lot of you! I´ve been eyeballing school again for the past year or so, thinking about going for my MBA (one of the top MBA programs in the world is here in Spain - ESADE - but tuition is like €90,000!), but the tuition and time commitment are scary things to swallow. My wife has been totally behind me, but it´s hard to consider really taking two years off from our business AND that kind of financial commitment...for something that´s really just about personal growth (rather than needing it for a job search). Still on the fence about that, maybe sometime in the future :-/. Anyway, good luck to you guys! WyoTech is a cool college, they had a campus where I grew up and they did a lot of presentations at the high schools and colleges in the area.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm more stressed having gotten in to school, trying to figure out how I can go full time and still work.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I'm more stressed having gotten in to school, trying to figure out how I can go full time and still work.
    Randy i know you realize that those of us who are veterans are warriors and somewhat driven indiviuals. Pace yourself and enjoy a cigar reward from time to time.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The post 9/11 bill really covers a lot now. They were paying for all of my classes and 2k+ a month, make sure you take advantage of your benefits you earned them.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes to all of you considering or enrolling in school. It can be tough, but if you love what you're getting yourself into, it'll just make you better at it.

My employer will help pay for me to work on a doctoral degree, but my wife asked me if I'd have them take that out of my contract. She doesn't want me to touch it with a hundred foot pole! At least not until the kids are out of school. And maybe after she goes back. And we have payed off undergrad and master's loans. And pay off our cars. And buy a house.

So pretty much not happening for a looonnnggg time.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I am currently working on my bachalors full time and my wife is working on her masters online and working. With a 4 year old, things get kinda hectic.
    Just remember to breath from time to time and realize that you can do it.

My prayers with everyone going to school.
    One God, One Truth