Home General Discussion
Options

WooHoo, new house

benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
It has been a long time coming but my wife and I moved in late January and are finally settled into our new house. Along with that came my new office/smoking room. I added a vent in the ceiling and an air purifier and it works like a charm. We had our house on the market for about a year and then we were "homeless" for about six months until we completed this purchase! Here it is...(well, the important part)

On the desk is a tribute to you guys! It is all of the notes from the packages I have received from you guys. Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome congratulations!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new home. And great looking office.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats bro looking good!!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice digs!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm officially jealous, congrats.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice room. I think you need to addy up so we can welcome you into the new place.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Nice room. I think you need to addy up so we can welcome you into the new place.
    Don't worry I've got it if he doesn't give it up ;) Shoot me a text if needed son ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    That looks fantastic! I love the wood floors. It must feel good to have your own house again- especially when it has a herf'n room!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Whoaaaaaa, I am seriously jealous of that space! Looks awesome man, that´s for sure, and congratulations on the new home!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful! Gratz!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words! You can put everything on paper but when it actually turned out how I had planned was a nice surprise...and no chance on the addy. You people are nuts!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Lookin good
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Huge congrats and the room looks great.

90+ Irishman:
    avengethis:
    Don't worry I've got it if he doesn't give it up ;) Shoot me a text if needed son ;)

Congrats on 8000 posts too Brett
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's on the new house, that office is nice Ben, love the windows too. Now I'm jealous as well, sitting here in my little manhole.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Too cool! Always wanted to smoke inside.. My wife would shoot me if I did!
  • Options
    I must say I was a little concerned about the smoke going into other parts of the house but I was careful not to put too many things in the office that would absorb the smell. The hardwood floors were already there so that helped. The two chairs (both given to me by friends) are "leather". The furniture is "wood". The rug was questionable but I thought it fit well so I went with it. We had pocket doors installed and they have been great to keep the smoke where it is supposed to stay!!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Ben. That is one very nice smoking room / office. (See? Smoking room is listed FIRST.) I'm inspired.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Good job Ben. That is one very nice smoking room / office. (See? Smoking room is listed FIRST.) I'm inspired.

Yeah, I am more excited about the smoking room. I do work from home about two days a week but being able to smoke in doors is very exciting to me. PS, if anybody is ever in Northern KY look me up. Zach (OchoZacho) and I get together a minimum of once a month for some cigars and bourbon!!