Home General Discussion

What I didnt get today...

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
A box of fake Cohiba Esplendidos. Hated to break the news to he poor guy that his 2 boxes were fake. Decent fakes, but fakes none the less. First indication was $10 a stick asking price. Guy was in Cuba on a mission trip and got hooked up with a source through a friend that has been going there and buying these same fake cigars off and on for the last 29 years.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Comments

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    To quote Luke Skywalker, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Damn....i got 2 fakies im toyin with tryin to smoke lol
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yeahh, I've had to break the bad news to a few guys in the past. Some of them REALLY did not want to hear it, having very inflated opinions of their own 'sophisticated taste'... Kinda made me hesitant to be the bearer of bad news after that lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Me too, had to break it to my friend the other day that his acrylic top Cohibas weren't real :) I let him down easy though!
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I met a few people at the lounge with the same story: they all know a guy that works at customs who is able to sneak in Esplendidos. They paid around $300 for a box of 15. I got to see one of the boxes which looked legit but had to break the news to them that there were no Esplendidos "Reserva" made in 2014.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    Me too, had to break it to my friend the other day that his acrylic top Cohibas weren't real :) I let him down easy though!
    My uncle has a little glass top box of fakes. I didn't tell him. No need to with him. Somebody else got them on vacation and gave them to him for a souvenir. He doesn't smoke. He just keeps them on a high shelf as a dried out souvenir. Should I tell him? What if he already knows? Maybe he thinks I can't spot an obvious fake! Hahahaha!
    Do any of you know of a website or article showing comparison pics of real cc's and fakes? Some fakes can be very close.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe cigar aficionado did something like that.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Do any of you know of a website or article showing comparison pics of real cc's and fakes? Some fakes can be very close.
    cubancigarwebsite.com is a great place to go to for cc knowledge. I have it bookmarked and use it a ton.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Instagram "cigarenforcer" really good comps on there
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Chemnitz:
    cubancigarwebsite.com is a great place to go to for cc knowledge. I have it bookmarked and use it a ton.
    Dang.. That site is REAL indepth! Thanks jiunn!
    Darktower007:
    jliu:
    Chemnitz:
    Dang.. That site is REAL indepth! Thanks jiunn!
    Agreed. Thanks Jiunn!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Chemnitz:
    i hate that site...makes me drool all over the place and I'm running low on Kleenex
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get my powerball winnings!