Home General Discussion

What does "creamy" mean?

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
....In terms of cigars, that is.

I understand spicy, earthy, woody, oakey and all that, but "creamy" is the one cigar "descriptor" I'm having trouble understanding. It's usually used with milder cigars, but doesn't have to be, does it? How would you describe the sensory experience of a "creamy" ciga>?

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thick velvety smoke.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creamy cigars to me have a thick smoke that you can feel coating your entire mouth, but dosent feel dry on your tongue, cheeks, and teeth. While cigars can have a thick smoke it dosent mean it is necessarly creamy.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm, creamy. Now I have Old Gregg stuck in my head. Thanks!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:

"Want to go to a club where people wee on each other?" Lol! Love me some Boosh!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    ....In terms of cigars, that is.

I understand spicy, earthy, woody, oakey and all that, but "creamy" is the one cigar "descriptor" I'm having trouble understanding. It's usually used with milder cigars, but doesn't have to be, does it? How would you describe the sensory experience of a "creamy" ciga>?
    Like Eulogy, I've assumed thick smoke texture, but I've also on occasion gotten a "cream" taste from cigars, always Connecticut I believe, well, maybe Cameroons as well. Been awhile since I tasted that. La Perla's White Pearl comes to mind. Could just be my interpretation.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    SleevePlz:

ever drank baileys from a boot?
    I prefer creamy cigars. I always feel creamy to me is when you have that thick smooth velvity smoke like eulogy said. Smoke that just rolls off your tongue and is almost a bit sweet. Kinda like the skim off the top of milk if you ever tried frothed milk or non pasteurized milk.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten a creamy texture or taste with a few cigars. This may be one of the more subjective tastes... I definitely agree that thick smoke can give the resemblance of something creamy and smooth. Some may call this oily as well. Also, some cigars have a very "round" flavor to me where a certain sweetness comes out. I'd call it marshmallow or creamy. La Palina seems to exhibit this a lot, for me.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    For me 'creamy' can mean a couple of things. The thick coating of smoke enveloping your palate I refer to as a creamy mouthfeel. Sort of like how it feels to have a mouthful of whole milk, thick and smooth, perhaps a hint of sweet but not necessarily.

Then there is 'creamy' the flavor. Like a chocolate flavor in a cigar could be described as cooking chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate (various levels of cream and sweetness). A milk chocolate could be described as cocoa and cream which may fluctuate to darker chocolate notes and then back to cocoa or milk chocolate depending on how much cream you are tasting at the moment. Cuban Montecristo are cocoa and cream bombs, for example.