Home General Discussion

Improumpt Cigar, Caldwell, Lost & Found, whats the next name....

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
At first, I was pretty interested in this cigars, never got any, no problem. I was actually done chasing these new hyped up cigars no one has ever heard of. So read lots of reviews, these cigars look like nothing special but good marketing...similar to Viaje and Tatuaje monsters. Then reading where these might just be some cigars with the bands taken off with different packing. Charging any where from $9-$15 a cigar, its pure genius.

Bellatto, Caldwell and Sears...I mean, come on, Silent Sout, Dic stick, pepper cream chocolate crush, back door bambi, etc, etc...... these are all marketing...They do say "THEY TOOK THEM"....which means they could have gone in cigar manufacturers valut, got all the left over cigars and bands off and re-package them... not taking credit for this, but saw an image that compared the 2007 Camacho Liberty and the Pepper Cream Chocolate Crush cigar.

I mean they tell you, this is right from "cigar coop"

"Pre-Embargo tobacco has been used on releases before - most notably, it was on the Camacho Liberty 2007 which also happened to be a barber-pole cigar. Lost & Found made their debut last year as "Impromptu" Cigars. Before becoming Lost & Found Cigars, the company was renamed "Bellatto / Caldwell / Sears". The concept of the company involves tracking down cigars that have been resting for some time in aging rooms of various factories and bringing them to market. The company has been targeted online retailers specializing in boutiques. The cigars are small batch and limited production in nature."

Do yourself a favor and save your money is all I'm saying!! All opinions welcome!!

Z

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, on the bright side, if you liked the '07 Liberty and wanted more and couldn't find them....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I heard about this...one of the reps said some rebrands were even seconds that were just forgot about. Personally I might try one of the name and band aren't stupid but I really won't expect much. Time will tell but at least they are recycling tobacco that would probably just rot away
    Money can't buy taste
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna chase them. Too many others out there to over pay for a swollen ***.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what Zeebs said. The amount of money people are buying and selling these for is ridiculous. They should repackage some RP and Gurkha stuff.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Exactly what Zeebs said. The amount of money people are buying and selling these for is ridiculous. They should repackage some RP and Gurkha stuff.
    #GET NISHED SON

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    whats wrong with Gurkha? They are the rolls Royce of cigars!! I only buy the HMR's and think the price point is great!! The only problem is the lack of keeping them high in price...only the really wealthy should ever smoke them
    Money can't buy taste
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    whats wrong with Gurkha? They are the rolls Royce of cigars!! I only buy the HMR's and think the price point is great!! The only problem is the lack of keeping them high in price...only the really wealthy should ever smoke them

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    I'm not gonna chase them. Too many others out there to over pay for a swollen ***.
    hey Mikey I got you this Swollen C@ck to suck on...fire the moron who came up with that name.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    +1 . I was actually going to buy em until I read some of this junk. They can keep em! There is a reason why they were "forgotten" ...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    They are all old Libertys, so if you like Libertys, it's a good deal and cheaper then you could buy them aged for. That's the last five releases, or latest ones using the 11/18 vitola. The others I have no idea. The pepper cream soda and cream machine are very good cigars. It seems to me people are letting the marketing scheme cloud their judgement of the cigars and are basing their opinions off that. That's just silly to me. At the end of the day it's a cigar and either good or bad. I want to compare halfwheels ratings of all the liberty, then the L&F and see the changes in ratings based on brands. Funny how advert money plays into ratings. Personally, I don't think the cigars I've had from them are junk or terrible. I also haven't bought into the hype either. Comparing the 2012 liberty to the one I just had, it's the same cigar, just cheaper.
    I think the bigger discussion or issue is the blatant rebrand of a giant like Camacho and how that affects both the Camacho brand, and L&F. With the Pepper cream, no one knew what it was. Now people know these were Camacho and that may affect perception with regard to future releases.
    danielzreyes:
    yeah...but tell me you've never come across an old liberty in a shop and paid a premium ;) I know I have, and that's really what these are, only cheaper. I think it goes both ways. If I see an old ass DPG, pepin Padilla, etc..., I don't mind paying a premium in a shop. It's no different really from a consumer standpoint. However, what's crazy is what these guys probably paid for them... I can tell you friends in the industry have been doing this for a long time and rebranding cigars. They get sold for .50 a stick in volume. Typically they are rebranded and sent to Europe, made into cheap house brands for shops, or internet cheap releases. All of the above are sold cheap...not hype premiprem prices. That's the genius of it... I actually texted a friend who does the same thing they do and told him he's doing it wrong and could get a 2,000 percent return with the right marketing scam lol!
    Bigshizza:
    Darktower007:
    hey Mikey I got you this Swollen C@ck to suck on...fire the moron who came up with that name.
    and of all the ones I had to get in my review sampler...I got the ***!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    we were talking about this on vherf the other night. I really didn't think they were good cigars. I tried the cream soda and the pepper cream soda and they didn't blow me away. The way i look at it is at that price point, i would rather spend it on a cigar that i know I am going to like rather than something that i have no clue what it is, who blended it.......basically just a mystery package in the $10-15 range. there are too many other cigars out there in that range that i love that would much rather grab.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Im also annoyed then regarding them keeping some of the information as to them saying they "discovered" all these cigars....complete BS!! They can keep their found treasure of someone elses tobacco that was already blended and sold...
    br>
    That's where the backlash could hurt them Zeebra. These aren't cigars they blended really, and will reflect on their blends in the future. If consumers react negatively to this marketing scheme, then they will be less likely to buy their regular lines. On a side note, there is a company that does the same thing basically out of Texas. These are all high end boutiques from plasencia I believe, just like L&F, but under $3. Good smokes too IMO. http://shop.cigarfrontier.com/main.sc
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    That's where the backlash could hurt them Zeebra. These aren't cigars they blended really, and will reflect on their blends in the future. If consumers react negatively to this marketing scheme, then they will be less likely to buy their regular lines. On a side note, there is a company that does the same thing basically out of Texas. These are all high end boutiques from plasencia I believe, just like L&F, but under $3. Good smokes too IMO. http://shop.cigarfrontier.com/main.sc
    see that is my point. You brand these with the crazy names and then throw sub $7 prices on them then it is totally worth trying the mystery bag with the crazy name.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    It's pretty unlikely that all of a sudden a bunch of cigars are magically 'found'. There could possibly be some legal dispute which prohibited these from being released in the first place but more commonly the cigars didn't sell the first time around for a reason, i.e. they were not good enough to sell at the price point being asked and nobody wanted them.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hipster packaging sells
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR