Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Who can Dremel?

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need help... wanna do a custom stogie stand for my dad, and need to outsource some engraving. Just some clean initials on the side. I have no clue how hard it would be.

I imagine that I'd get Mr.DZR to ship a couple stogie stands to someone who is willing to help, you knock it out, and I'd cover shipping to me or send you some cigars or both.

Got some time (end of June), so no rush on any of it. Again, I have no clue how difficult doing this would be so hopefully it won't be a bust.

Thanks
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    Also... if you are handy and have a better idea, feel free to post it. I assumed a Dremel would work, but perhaps there is a better way to engrave or etch initials on
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a trophy shop in your town?
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried doing stuff like this freehand with a dremel, it doesn't look very professional at least not to me, if someone has a CNC router that would look a lot better or you could find someone who does sandblasting. The trophy shop is a good idea too.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Good idea Marty... I will check around for something like that.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    jlmarta:
    Good idea Marty... I will check around for something like that.

Many moons ago, when I was in the Jaycees, we used to have a number of plaques and trophies engraved by the trophy shop. They've got all the stencils and equipment so it's quick and easy for them.