Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar beetles and freezing

I noticed the problem today and have placed my cigars in the freezer. Question: when I receive new boxes in the future can I just put the entire box in a ziplock bag and place it in the freezer for 3 days, then the refrigerator for 1, as a precaution, or do I need to put each new cigar in a ziplock?

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sure you can, no need to do one cigar for each Ziploc. Personally I'd take all the gars out and put em in one bag...but only because I think putting a box in the freezer might mess with it's rh going forward. Maybe not, just unnecessary to put the box itself in.C101
  • Options
    Long3Long3 Posts: 7
    Thank you, Rain. I'm not thrilled about putting my cigars in the freezer at all, but I don't ever want those f'n bugs to ruin them again. A friend of mine does it with all new cigars and claims it doesn't affect the quality. I'll give it a try moving forward.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    A lot of people here do it, doubt it messes with flavor. Search around, I think people also put them in the fridge after.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those little buggers suck! Don't know about putting a box in the freezer though especially if it's one you want to save. It might warp it or something.