Home Non Cigar Related

Indoor bonsai growing

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So here is an idea I want to try to put together. I have a small maple seedling that I am currently growing into a proper bonsai. BUT its too young and fragile to put outside at this point. Im hoping to build a small light box/terrarium kinda thing for it so it can get enough light to grow. I have no clue what kind of lights to use for it and on top of that I haven't been able to find enough info on small indoor grow projects to get an idea of what I need... Advice? Im not sure if LEDs would do the trick or if I need something else... I don't have many windows that have a good enough light intake for me to feel comfortable with its levels.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    We almost bought a banzai for me the other weekend, I thought they just grew wherever you wanted them too? (office, house, whatevs) shows you what I know I guess LOL
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Just find a 5500k CFL blub at home depot or lowes and just one 14w blub will be enough for the lil guy
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Just find a 5500k CFL blub at home depot or lowes and just one 14w blub will be enough for the lil guy

Sweet! Its in my kitchen window right now and has been moving itself to get more sun. im hoping to build a nice stand and lighted hood for it and if it is successful I will be doing more bonsai saplings.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Yea I use a couple of those to start all my plants for my garden every year. Will be planting this weekend I think.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love bonsai trees. Almost bought one at a flea market once but I figured with my job it wouldn't get the attention it needed.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Right now mine is a single stem (too small to qualify as a trunk) and 2 leaves. lol fairly simple to take care of right now. give it water.... give it water.... give it water.........