Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Our (MIS)Adventures and stories! (pic heavy)

CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hey everyone! So I don't know if anyone is interested, but one of the things me and my Fiance love to do is go hiking, and check out different national parks, trails, and small towns whenever we have the chance. I thought I would go ahead and upload some of our adventures for you guys to enjoy. If you guys Like it let me know and ill continue to update it. Tori is also a blogger and photographer on the side, and will be starting up a blog short about, out adventures in Austin and pretty much where ever we end up.
04/10 St. Edwards park, Austin, TX
We Had a partial day off and decided to check out a local trail not more than 10 minutes away from out apartment. The park is a pet-friendly hiking and biking trail. We only had a few hours before dark so we ended up taking the lower trail into a fairly nice clearing with well blazed path. image
Not to far down we began to hear the sound of rushing water. Being the curious bit of travlers we are we decided to go ahead and investigate.
As the sound of rushing water increased the path opened up into slow moving creek with a small but beautiful looking waterfall. image image image image
There is plenty more uploading from a few other places we hit today. I'll post more when I get the chance!

Comments

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Keep them coming...have picked up on hiking a little myself as of late. Thanks for sharing...nice view of the waterfall!
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you had a great adventure, some nice pics there, yeah keep em coming! Close to home too, that's even better. Nature puts on a pretty good show and it's good to get out and clear your head too. Hikers are great people, smoked my first joint with a hiker when I was 14, lol. And I hear you about the small towns. When I roadtrip I try and stay on small roads, and hit the small towns, real people and real food.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are lucky to have this so close to your home. Glad to see you are taking advantage of these opportunities. I'm thinking about getting a kayak myself and explore some of the rivers near me.
  • Options

One of the reasons we moved out here is to be closer to Texas hill country. Both of us have been hiking and camping since we can remember.
    Along with a go pro a kayak is definitely on our list of things to get. I would definitely just give in and get one. Nothing beats just floating down a river or exploring new areas, and finally finding a perfect spot to light up(whatever your preference might be) or just take it all in.
    Here are a few pictures from yesterdays excursion. We went to Hamilton Pool Preserve and pedernales falls state park. Unfortnaly Tori hasn't had time to upload and go through most of the photos we took I do have a few nice ones from my phone I took while at the state park.
    04/17 Pedernales falls state park image image image image image
  • Options

speaking of small town shops and cafes. Took a side trip to the bluebonnet cafe, Marble falls to work back some of those calories, and I think we done good. Got some chicken friend steak greens and tatoes man! image
    Next up tori got the catfish and okra? image
    But the best part is yet to come. This is the reason I hunt small cafes. The reason I work out. German chocolate pie! image
    And for the woman! Lemon merange....but look at DAT meringue! All bout DAT meringue, DAT meringue nooo whip. And yes it did not dissapoint. The meringue was thick and silky. Smooth and light, with a perfect cream to contrast. image
    So there you have it! I'm a pie-a-holic! Hope you all are doing well!
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Done good, man you done great! We got a Cracker Barrel up here, the chicken fried steak don't look like that, lol. Pie looks delicious too but I would've had to take that home after all that. Do they make their own pies?
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    Done good, man you done great! We got a Cracker Barrel up here, the chicken fried steak don't look like that, lol. Pie looks delicious too but I would've had to take that home after all that. Do they make their own pies?
    haha we did end up taking the last few bites home. Yeah they bake their pies fresh every day, and I'm just glad I do t live closer or I might be there every day. You know I have actuly never tried a cracker barrel. Its been on a list of places to try.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful pics Crouse!