Home Cigar 101

Question on "Cigar Aficionado's" Best cigar of the year question.

edt71edt71 Posts: 4
Ok I have seen the online version and a note pamphlet in my local "total wine" store on there ratings of cigars of 2014. My question is, are these reviews done on aged cigars in a humidor or are they manufacturers realeased versions? (whether the manufacturer ages the leaves or not)

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are not aged extra in the humidor. The Cuban reviews will have the box date listed and they are not aged. I assume the non-Cubans are the same.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • edt71edt71 Posts: 4
    Thats good to hear, I assumed that if they even aged it at all (or rest it more like it) that it would be only a year or a few months since it is 2015 and the reviews are of 2014.

Now I can safely go into my local wines store cigar section (humidified) and buy a reviewed cigar and actually see what they are talking about. (if correctly humidified)

Im quite sure, that about a years aging would improve the flavor a bit with longer aging being more better. Thanks for the info.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Well, you have no idea how long your wine store has had them. Or where they were before.