Home Non Cigar Related

Ever have one of those days?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kind of long and boring, I know.

Today we stopped by the chain lumber store today and they had these cool 5' lightweight ladders on a pallet with a sign for $19.88 on sale.
So we grabbed one and picked up some paint we originally came in for.
We get up to the check out and the ladder rings up $34.99 and the wife tells me what it rang up as and I tell the checker that there is a sign that says $19.88 on the pallet.

The checker lady asks where we got it, Paint section?
At first she seemed a little put out and I passed it off, thinking maybe I'm reading too much into it.
The wife tells her no, it was on the end of the lumber aisle on a pallet.
So I run down there, take a picture of the sign and take it back to her.

She tells me that it's for a different ladder.
Ok, where's that one at? These were the only ones on that pallet and there are 2 signs.
Next thing I know, she's jumping my ass about if I would listen, she's trying to help me.
My wife was like, oh crap, this won't end well.
WTF? Oh no you di'nt.
So I tell the wife, leave everything there. We'll go to another store.

So headed out the door, I'm pissed and as I get our the doors, I think to myself, "Oh hell no, I ain't letting this one slide."

I go to the customer service desk and ask to speak with a manager. Manager comes up, I explain my side of it, cause we all know there are 2 sides.
Over to the teller we go, he asks where the stuff is I was going to buy, she points to it and he starts scanning it.
I tell him, I'm done, I don't even want the stuff. He continues scanning it all and hands me the ladder and bag and apologizes and says he knows it doesn't make up for it, but hopes I will continue to be a customer, but understands if I don't.

At this point, I'm caught totally off guard. I have no clue what to say.
The wife looks at him and tells him, no we will pay for it.
He just looks at her and says, no ma'am it's taken care of.
The whole way to the car, with the manager carrying the ladder, I'm at a loss.
Even now, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

But, I do know that I will still shop there.
Not sure that checker will be still be there though.
I hate doing that, but I always have the attitude that if they are going to do that to me, what have they done to others who don't stand up for themselves.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Glad it ended well for you man. I hate when one employee puts a bad light on everyone else.We had a patient that got to the ER quick, got a bed quick, was seen by the Doc quick and was on their way out the door. The receptionist starts yelling across the room that they can't leave without paying their copay. Patient goes up to them an explains their insurance and that they don't have a copay, but the receptionist is not having it. Patient left swearing that they would never come back to the hospital.EMTs are usually the first people you'll see, and I make it a point to be polite.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Glad it ended well for you man. I hate when one employee puts a bad light on everyone else.We had a patient that got to the ER quick, got a bed quick, was seen by the Doc quick and was on their way out the door. The receptionist starts yelling across the room that they can't leave without paying their copay. Patient goes up to them an explains their insurance and that they don't have a copay, but the receptionist is not having it. Patient left swearing that they would never come back to the hospital.EMTs are usually the first people you'll see, and I make it a point to be polite.
    Randy, you have to have the patience of a saint to be an EMT.
    Because of my work, I am sometimes the first person on scene and when you have to deal with hurt people, idiot motorists who think they're the priority and those things, I can't imagine dealing with that every day.

Should have told her that holding people against their will is considered kidnapping. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Patience is NOT my strong point, but I suck it up. It's really hard when people call you and are rude.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when i was doing indoor craft shows every now and then I would have a hobbist woodturner stop at my booth and want to talk shop. I was trying to make a living and needed to talk to customers. I have a friend ,Lyle, a spining wheel maker that had a booth a couple of rows over. I would say to the hobbie guy" you know Lyle is really into what you are talking about and I would point the guy over to Lyle's booth. Lyle would react by stepping out of his booth and signal me by making a circle with his index finger and thumb. The sign would be read by others as ok but for Lyle and me it was "assho-e." When we became stressed at the shows the solution was to super glue a quarter to the floor out in front of our booth and watch people try to pick it up. I now have gallerys handling my work and rarely deal with customers.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you didn't do anything wrong and the Manager saved the day (as long as ya'll were nice about it) the checker was in the wrong, no worries Karma is a MF'er