Home Non Cigar Related

Best Laid Plans

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't really want to go anyway. Informed last night that I would be on house, grandma, dogs, birds, rabbits and fish baby sitting for a while. Wife's #1 idiot and girlfriend are delivering a baby by C section this morning. Didn't really want to go.

Comments

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Home alone with the critters and the stogies, well thats just........EXCELLENT ;)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    Home alone with the critters and the stogies, well that's just........EXCELLENT ;)

You know....that is an excellent point (don't forget all the booze). But I did have plans to take a trip, room was paid for....called them and they understood the situation and refunded my deposit. It ain't like they won't find someone to take the room.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    SM0K3Y:
    Home alone with the critters and the stogies, well that's just........EXCELLENT ;)

You know....that is an excellent point (don't forget all the booze). But I did have plans to take a trip, room was paid for....called them and they understood the situation and refunded my deposit. It ain't like they won't find someone to take the room.

Good you got all your money back, I thought it was a trip you didnt want lol. And home alone with booze and stogies sounds like perfect "me time" weekend, crank up the ESPN, kick some good music, ligtht a stogie, #victory
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    jd50ae:
    SM0K3Y:

Good you got all your money back, I thought it was a trip you didnt want lol. And home alone with booze and stogies sounds like perfect "me time" weekend, crank up the ESPN, kick some good music, ligtht a stogie, #victory
    Yep, sounds like a 'win' to me!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    SM0K3Y:
    jd50ae:
    SM0K3Y:

Yep, sounds like a 'win' to me!

Funny how it turned out, almost like it was planned, lol.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hope you were able to sell tickets to that event. Know they were a hot commodity. Sorry your plans got derailed. What the heck, slam down a shot or two and enjoy a gifted medium to full bodied cigar and life is good! :)
    It was a girl.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    It was a girl.
    Now comes the hard part. Who will raise this child? Our generation is constantly tortured by this question. Do we try to force the usually delinquent parents to honor their commitment? Or just give up and accept that we are probably the only chance the poor creature has of ever becoming anything? Good luck. You never know, sometimes becoming a parent makes them grow up. A good sign might be the two parents making a commitment to each other, first, like getting married.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    jd50ae:
    It was a girl.
    Now comes the hard part. Who will raise this child? Our generation is constantly tortured by this question. Do we try to force the usually delinquent parents to honor their commitment? Or just give up and accept that we are probably the only chance the poor creature has of ever becoming anything? Good luck. You never know, sometimes becoming a parent makes them grow up. A good sign might be the two parents making a commitment to each other, first, like getting married.

Amen.