Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Esteban Carreras Covenant

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

This is from onestrangeone, credit to him for this delicious cigar.
This one, again, reminded me of a barn in general smell. I started my just putting the end in my mouth and I could feel/taste a slight oily-ness. I cut the end just below the shoulder and lit it. As I inhaled I had an overwhelming taste that I just couldn't place at first, as I took in a few more puffs I was able to tell it was a leather taste. With the oil I was tasting from the wrapper, I found it to be very pleasant and not very overwhelming. This flavor stuck with me as the key flavor for the first quarter. As I got down to a 3rd of it I started to taste tobacco with the leather.

image The leather taste began to lessen. There was a slight, "unwrapping" strand, but it didn't effect anything that I could notice. As I hit the halfway mark I found the flavor of the tobacco drop off and I started to get a peppery note, the leather taste was still there as well and I literally thought, "Damn this is good." I could not have been any less impressed with the flavor I was getting out of the cigar. As it got closer and closer to my knuckles it began to lose the peppery taste but it didn't go completely, the leather took hold again as the dominate flavor.
This is going on my personal wishlist, I only wished it was about a foot or two longer so I could continue to enjoy it. I highly recommend this to anyone who has not tried it yet.

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review, these are from Oct/Nov ? 2013 In the year and a half they have been resting the profile has changed a bit, when they were younger there were cashew notes on the front end with the leather, these seem to have faded a bit and the leather has become more dominant.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I know a few do have dates on them though. Some of them are pretty old.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Nice review. I have an Esteban Carreras Chupacabara in the humi I need to fire up. I was told to have a big meal first lol 
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico