Home General Discussion

new to the forum!

SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum today. I know Eulogy and I'm actually Expendable's room mate. I've known them since middle school. They got me into smoking cigars, and so naturally, I followed the bandwagon here. I've met June (dunno how to spell it, sorry man) and the four of us are about to start a blind tasting on Friday.

Let's see.. I'm currently in college, going for a Bachelor's in Science of Registered Nursing. I used to own a house but sold it and now im using the money to support myself through school (and my smoking habits). I'm currently a combat medic (68W) in the Army National Guard. I've been in for 5 1/2 years, out in December, counting down the days.

I'm far from an expert in cigars, but I know what I like and why I like it. I don't know Cubans because ive never tried one, but I like a lot of stuff out of Dominican republic and Nicaragua. I don't only smoke cigars. I also smoke cigarettes, and dip exclusively during military bullshit because you don't always have time for a smoke, and if you've ever had to sit through a suicide prevention course and sexual harassment awareness training for 12+ hours of death by powerpoint as well, you would know my pain.

I'm a bit of a nerd. I love building computers for some odd reason. been building and fixing computers since elementary school. at some point i'll post some pictures of my latest creations. I also like anime. cowboy bebop was awesome, as well as some others im not going to post at the moment. I have a small collection, but it is steadily growing. and before I get ***, no, I don't like hentai.

I love guns. guns are great. I currently own a beretta 92A1 (basically the civilian version of the m9, but with more goodies) and a custom 1911 by dan Wesson. I am surgically precise with both. im thinkin of sending out my beretta to Wilson combat sometime soon for a nice overhaul.

I'm 6'1" 185 lbs, enjoy shooting, smoking, and open shirt horseback riding on the beach with the breeze gently whisping through my long luxurious hippy hair as I recite poetry under the setting sun. nah im just kidding, but ill kick your ass in (insert videogame here). im also extremely addicted to energy drinks.

some of my favorite cigars include Padron 1926 maduro, Alec Bradley Prensado (basically the only alec Bradley I like anymore), Ashton ESG and VSG, God of Fire Carlito (haven't had the don carlos yet, but I have some coming. cant wait!) Camacho Pre-Embargo (dunno if you consider this a Cuban) Arturo fuente almost everything. didn't like the double chateau's though, oliva V line is great, but I hate their other stuff. my father is also good.

There's so many friggin cigar brands out there that I find it difficult to imagine trying them all, and im sure I forgot some gems in that quick list off the top of my head.

anyways, that's me. i'll see you all around on the forums!

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beren drank the cool aid.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    The Vherf sucked him in! Welcome!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He finally did it.
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    im really just procrastinating finishing up this research paper...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum/poorhouse
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    1.Welcome to the forum SS!!!!!!!!!!
    2.YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH (gotta luv sum beebop)
    photo exclusive-anime-gun-kawaii-cowboy-bebop-spike_zpsc7aayaqo.jpg
    photo 1611_cowboy_bebop_zpsfniodyb0.jpg
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes welcome to the chaos.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    love this thread, it sounds like a match.com profile.

this guy needs to shorten it up and make it a tinder profile though......
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    love this thread, it sounds like a match.com profile.

this guy needs to shorten it up and make it a tinder profile though......
    I know right? And to think. He's already met June. ah well. Welcome bro!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, any friend of those guys, well you need signed up for the newsletter, our president Jim is out of the office so if you pm your addy I'll make sure you get it. Thanks and welcome.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!!! secret squirrel photo: Secret Squirrel *** secretsquirrelwhitecoat.gif
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No Nasty Girls allowed.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    No Nasty Girls allowed.
    what about nasty boys?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome man and thank you for your service :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome SS.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    yo Beren. welcome! see you guys hopefully tomorrow
    Can I start the blind herf? I need to make some room.
    Eulogy:
    Go for it dude
    Eulogy:
    Go for it dude
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretSquirrel:
    Hello everyone, I just joined the forum today. I know Eulogy and I'm actually Expendable's room mate. I've known them since middle school. They got me into smoking cigars, and so naturally, I followed the bandwagon here. I've met June (dunno how to spell it, sorry man) and the four of us are about to start a blind tasting on Friday.!
    So, since you know those guys, what you're saying is, you're pre-lubricated, right?

Just kidding! Welcome. Good to have another RN/BSN around, there's a couple of us here.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the mayhem!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Welcome !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Too bad your Westie. Maybe in about three months we can be friends.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome everyone!
    jliu:
    Eulogy:
    Go for it dude
    you need to make room? you have no idea...
    SecretSquirrel:
    jliu:
    Eulogy:
    Go for it dude
    I'm sure jeff will let you store some stuff in his foot locker.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    SecretSquirrel:
    jliu:
    Eulogy:
    Go for it dude
    I'm sure jeff will let you store some stuff in his foot locker.
    We split it 50/50.