Home General Discussion

Cigar Travel Cases with Cedar Lining

For guys that have two or three-finger travel cases with cedar lining, do you keep them in the humidor to keep the cedar lining to correct relative humidity? Just curious.

Comments

• I have a Monticristo one 3 finger, I did at first but now I realize that it wasn't necessary mainly because the cigars do not spend any real time in it before I smoke them.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I agree, unnecessary as they aren't "stored" in the case, but just in there to stay protected short term until you smoke them. Plus, with such a small area inside a case, I doubt there would be any appreciable difference in the moisture content of the cigars with a humidified vs. unhumidified case.

On the other hand if I am bringing sticks in a larger travel case on a vacation or whatnot, I just throw a water pillow in there and we're GTG.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Honestly, I have a nice 10 stick herfador but if I'm just heading down to the smoke shop to smoke a few, I use my leather 3 finger case that I got as a gift. It's basically just to protect the sticks from getting squished and keeping them collected in one place.

To answer your question, I think if you seasoned the cedar when you got it and keep the case closed, it should be fine humidity wise because the sticks aren't going to spend more than a few hours or maybe a day in it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have this 12ct leather travel humidor that has a ceder lining. It's great cause I can take a few sticks with me on vacation. I just have a drymistat tube in it to regulate the humidity, cause I have to store sticks for a week or so.