Home Non Cigar Related

I miss Steve Allen.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
And I liked Johnny Carson. But, I am not going to miss Letterman. Nothing against the guy but I just could not stay interested in his show. Anyone else? I mean, basically it was the same format (Letterman did have more nekked women) but somehow it did not have the same light hearted lets have some fun feeling.

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Used to like Letterman back in the day but he got cranky, Carson was the best, always brought out the best in his guests too. Leno was that way, always about the guests.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, guys like Steve Allen, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno all seemed to share something with Bob Hope, they looked like they were really having fun. Nothing against Letterman, saw a few shows, but it was more as if he were presenting an argument or something, reading a role, I guess.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Used to like Letterman back in the day but he got cranky, Carson was the best, always brought out the best in his guests too. Leno was that way, always about the guests.
    I used to love Letterman. But you are correct about him getting cranky. I have enjoyed all the looks back they've been doing recently.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Carson at night and Mike Douglas in the daytime. I like Letterman years before he changed networks.