Home General Discussion

Why davidoff why!!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Well was speaking with the davidoff rep today...it seems he is losing tons of accounts due to the companies demands. For a b&m tovarry davidoff now they are coming out with a new display you must put in your shop and stock it with a minimum of $20,000 of just the davidoff line! This does not include Avo,Camacho and the Griffins plus some I've left out. Why would they do this?? Imo it's a horrible move especially since they really pushed the Winston Churchills on every b&m and well that product is not selling well as it has never. Yet they cut my favorite Avo which was the signature and pushed much more inferior products. Ugh I don't know why they push stuff so hard that many cant afford it and have to drop the line I mean a sale is a sale no matter how much a b&m buys! Ok rant over
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it's already very expensive for a B&M to carry Davidoff. I don't think any local places here carry and none where I was In WV either. Now they need a big display?? Seems like a stupid move. I wondered if the revamp of AVO and price cuts meant they weren't doing great.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah before you just needed to keep most if not all the white label in stock but now you need to keep ordering so you'll always have a full stock of everything it's retarded
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they are pushing their problem of lack of demand onto B&M's, who really can't handle any more problems. I like Davidoff, I hope they stay around!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same thing with DE and the liga line.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and get this.. My bnm that has the new davidoff display it took Davidoff 8 months for the guys to come in and set it up after he agreed to their terms! Lol
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    wow what a terrible sales model.... such a shame.. I really want to try one :(
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Davidoffs really even that good?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    It's the same thing with DE and the liga line.
    Yep I was gonna say the same thing. Gotta carry a ton of their product or you can't have any of the LE stuff. $20K seems steep even for busy B&Ms.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    If your products were that good, consumer demand would require B&Ms to carry a lot of your product. Truth be told, in the cigar world, the truly desirable cigars come in limited quantities. Whether that's limited supply, artificial demand or quality control is another debate. Davidoff makes a consistent, reliable and quality smoke, but whether or not it's worth the price point is questionable.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    You do have to keep in mind Davidoff's price points. With an average cigar price of $20 (this is a mere guess for the sake of simple math), a $20,000 investment is only 1000 cigars or 40 - 25 count boxes. Still a big investment, but if you are in a place that actually moves boxes of Davidoff to regular customers, than it isn't a big deal. And they still make a 100% profit on the investment, so don't feel quite so bad for them. Lol.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    You do have to keep in mind Davidoff's price points. With an average cigar price of $20 (this is a mere guess for the sake of simple math), a $20,000 investment is only 1000 cigars or 40 - 25 count boxes. Still a big investment, but if you are in a place that actually moves boxes of Davidoff to regular customers, than it isn't a big deal. And they still make a 100% profit on the investment, so don't feel quite so bad for them. Lol.
    its not davidoff I feel bad for it's the rep since a lot of his clients are ditching davidoff due to the demand of things. Pretty much they want you to stock all of the stuff that doesn't sell plus the stuff that does. I know it's technically not a lot since they are expensive but around me davidoff has really taken a drop in sales. Personally I don't think any company should tell you what your going to have to have at all times and I do like the product but not that much
    Money can't buy taste
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    At my bnm there are only a hand full of lawyers that come in and buy a handful of davidoff a and drop a few Hun on 10 cigars.. Most sit for a long time