Home Non Cigar Related

Your Workout Routine?

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have always been a bit of a active feller, but went through a inactive spell for a couple of years (two moves, two job changes).

I started lifting again in October, and progress has been slow but steady.

Bonus is, I haven't felt this good in years.

I lift at Vasa Fitness (formerly Gold's gym, but Gold's was bought out in the UT market by Vasa). My only supplement is muscle milk, but I have recently added some multivitamins (lol). Seems like some humans at my gym roid out -- I am not going for that -- I am enjoying sleeping better and feeling like I can take my shirt off w/ a modicum of pride.

Anyone else work out? What is your routine?

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo fitness funny_zpsehbxm7qa.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    I started to but really got lazy with it since I started school again. I mainly just do calisthenic exercises like pushups, situps, and running occasionally. me n eulogy were thinking of starting striking workouts soon. we got the striking bag and wristwraps already. just gotta start doin it
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been working out for the past eight or nine years. I start with a dog walk through our woods about 25 minutes up and down steep hills. Then upstairs to my studio. Got a full set of dumbells, a bench, and a pull down and pullout machine. Mostly endurance training with lots of reps ( at least 20) and low weights. Do it three days a week. 68 years and still in pretty good shape for a old fella.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Curl, drink, repeat........
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Pushups, curls, tri's, shoulders, forearms, high kicks, knee lifts, burpees, and as much walking as possible
    photo Screenshot_2015-05-09-08-56-19_zpsynmnb1zv.png
    firetruckguy:

+1 that's my after hours workout!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run and ride a bike. Haven't really gotten into either yet this year. (I'm lazy.) The thing about living in the midwest is that one basically has to start over every spring because it really sucks running in the winter. I run on occasion, but haven't got into a set routine again. Ideally I need to run before work because after work, which included 16,000 steps on Friday according to my fitbit, I tend to want to grab a beer and a stogie and just put my feet up.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to work out 5 days a week doing weight lifting but now I try to get in 2-3 days or whatever fits in my schedule. I prefer going to the gym but if I can't I have a few dumb bells and pullup bar at the house. Used to do a bit of running and need to get back into it just haven't had time. I did some boxing, kickboxing and jujitsu for a bit but can't afford the gym membership anymore.
    Best shape of my life was about 5 years ago. Over the summer I went to gym 5 days a week for 2 hours each day and ate lots and lots of protein. Put on about 20lbs then, which brought me up to 150 (yea I'm really scrawny I know).
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    X1000.

In fact, with the exception of the Shizz, I try not to have friends named Jim...............
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Bert

Nice to see someone form O'Fallon. I thought about buying a house out there once. My Chiropractor was on Salt Lick Road over by Pirrone's.

Seeing as twistedstem mentioned pizza, I sure miss St Louis style pizza!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis-style_pizza

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    I was in the garage last night throwing some darts with my brother and enjoying a macanudo.

I noticed my mountainbike hanging from the rafters. Going to need to dust that off now that it is nice out. I loathe treadmills :P

-Jay
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it all around fitness has seven elements: aerobics, competition, isometrics, flexibility, endurance, mental, and weather.

Four wall indoor handball twice a week for aerobic competition. Vinyasa yoga twice a week for isometrics and flexibility. My work includes ample mental gymnastics. Year round motorcycling provides weather. The one element missing is endurance. If it were at all possible to bicycle to work here I would have that. But the roads here make it impossible.

This schedule is too often interrupted by a severe and protracted case of the busies, which has become chronic this Year. For example, yesterday I forwent yoga to ride to McSherrystown on business at FX Smiths, and to herf with Martel. Today I forwent handball to tote the youngest grand daughter to her first rodeo. So the whole weekend no workout except weather. And too frequently work trumps all, when all I do is mental.

I can whip my eldest grandson Wade at handball. My goal is fifteen years hence to whip my great grandson Oliver. Lofty, improbable, but we shall see. If you don't take health seriously you won't have it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...workout....? routine....?

Those words actually go together...?
    I just bumped my pinch plate up to 225 (3 sets of 10) this afternoon.

Making progress!

-Jay
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My workout routine is to stand up out of my chair, walk to the fridge and grab another beer.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    My workout routine is to stand up out of my chair, walk to the fridge and grab another beer.  
    Repeat as needed, more reps the better, lol.  

My wife is into all kinds of stuff and gave me this for my retirement duties.
    10 Jumping Jacks
    10 Sit Ups
    10 Squats
    10 Push Ups
    10 Lunges
    Repeat 4 to 5 times a day.

Aside from that I walk 2 miles or more a day, and do some dumb bell stuff.  Well in the summer maybe walk 4 miles at the beach, very scenic, lol.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't exersize.
    Lifting hydraulic motors, diesel engine heads, dozer tracks.
    I think I get enough of a work out at work. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick up the remote, push the button!