Home General Discussion

Space For a Wish List in the 'Personalize' Section?

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Humans, As the subject suggests, is there a place on ccom where I might start a wish list?

Basically, I am reading the 'Resurrecting the MYSTERY STICK game' thread and noting sticks I would like to try. As I am not yet independently wealthy (I am working on lining up a buyer for my 2nd liver), I am planning out some future purchases.

Do we have a place on ccom where I can build a wish list? I know, I know, a google docs spreadsheet would work too, but wouldn't it be shiny if I could have all of that whizz-bang here on this site?

Thank you, Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people put their likes, dislikes, and want to try in their bio section. If you click on your name in the top right it will come up.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a wish list?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    What's a wish list?
    Perhaps a better name would be: "Cigar Queue"?

Like I said above, I am waiting on someone buying my 2nd liver :)

"All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money back by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one." -- Homer Simpson (from the episode Homer vs. Patty and Selma).

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    ExpendableYouth:
    people put their likes, dislikes, and want to try in their bio section. If you click on your name in the top right it will come up.
    Thank you EY

I will prolly just do the google docs thing.

-Jay
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla:
    0patience:
    What's a wish list?
    Perhaps a better name would be: "Cigar Queue"?

Like I said above, I am waiting on someone buying my 2nd liver :)

"All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money back by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one." -- Homer Simpson (from the episode Homer vs. Patty and Selma).

-Jay
    LOL! I was giving you a bad time.
    If you click on other folk's names, it will bring you to their page and if you click on Bio, it will show you their likes, wants or wish list.
    It will give you an idea how other folks have it set up.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    jarubla:
    Hi Humans, As the subject suggests, is there a place on ccom where I might start a wish list?

Basically, I am reading the 'Resurrecting the MYSTERY STICK game' thread and noting sticks I would like to try. As I am not yet independently wealthy (I am working on lining up a buyer for my 2nd liver), I am planning out some future purchases.

Do we have a place on ccom where I can build a wish list? I know, I know, a google docs spreadsheet would work too, but wouldn't it be shiny if I could have all of that whizz-bang here on this site?

Thank you, Jay
    Hey! Welcome to the forums! The best place to put that is in your bio as others have suggested. If you look at the top right corner of the page, click on 'personalize' and the click the bio tab. People do pay close attention to the information listed there.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    0patience:
    LOL! I was giving you a bad time.
    If you click on other folk's names, it will bring you to their page and if you click on Bio, it will show you their likes, wants or wish list.
    It will give you an idea how other folks have it set up.
    No worries! Good to see how it works!

I was really just thinking of my own wish list -- not trying to score any sticks, etc. I realize some folks might be trolling for that, I just want to learn about this new hobby. Lord knows I joke about not having money, but I really have enough for my needs. I have a roof over my head, a job, etc. For one reason or another, some folks are on the street!

-Jay
    You'll find that this is a generous group. If you're interested, PM me your address and I'll be sure to get you the latest copy of the newsletter.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add items as a favorite. Click on the star next to product name. Find your favorites list on the account page.
    Call me Pavlolv's Dog (what with Facebook conditioning and all), but I wish I could thumbs up your reply Charlie.

-Jay
    Thanks again humans

I'll learn the ropes of ccom yet

-Jay
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Welcome jay. U will find that if u r genuine...ppl will cooperate...its a great community here. We protect our own..but if u enter with honesty and integrity...its a great place.
    bearb:
    Welcome jay. U will find that if u r genuine...ppl will cooperate...its a great community here. We protect our own..but if u enter with honesty and integrity...its a great place.
    Hey Bear,

I am a straight shooter, and it is nice to find a new home. Places like this are few an far between.

I will not say I am a uber-web dude, as I got into it late (probably in 1998). I know some folks were on the 'net back in the listserv and even earlier ARPANET days. But of the forums I have frequented over the years, the good ones are the kind I keep close to the vest.

I am rambling a bit here, basically just wanted to say thanks and it is nice to be here in this corner of the interwebz.

-Jay
    It seems the old way got dropped with the changes in the forum.

Can you guys advise how we're doing it now?

Thanks!!
    Jay
    edited May 2015
    Found it!!!!

Where did you find that?
    Where did you find that?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems we now have a public and private wish list. There's our bio section right there, guys and gals.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Looks like that's on the site itself though. What I did and I think a couple others as well was put the Bio in the Activity area on our Profile page. It will show up on your wall that way. Can't really edit it but I also copied it and have it in a Text Document on my PC so I have it and can edit it there and just post it again if needed.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

edited May 2015

Hi ExpendableYouth!

Apologies in the delay in my reply.

I got there by clicking on:

Account > Favorites > Create a New List

Hope this helps!

-Jay

jimmyv723 said:
    Looks like that's on the site itself though. What I did and I think a couple others as well was put the Bio in the Activity area on our Profile page. It will show up on your wall that way. Can't really edit it but I also copied it and have it in a Text Document on my PC so I have it and can edit it there and just post it again if needed.
    You can put it in Activity or Favorite Cigar section for now. Activity shows at the top of your profile and Favorite Cigar at the bottom. They both get smashed together in one huge, unformatted paragraph. Hopefully this changes over time.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014