Home Non Cigar Related

Pirates Make History!

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Amazing moment in tonight's 7-5 Pirates win over St. Louis. First ever 4-5-4 triple play in Major League Baseball history! Neil Walker caught a line drive from Yadier Molina with runners at second and third. Neil gunned the ball to third baseman Jung Ho Kang for the second out, and Kang then threw back to Walker to catch the runner frozen between second and third. Awesome!

CHECK IT OUT!!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helluva play!

And that is coming from a Cards fan. :) But then again, I have never been one of those jerks who reckons my team walks on water.

Sauce video iff'n anyone is interested:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/pirates-execute-rare-4-5-4-triple-play-1703379452

Again, bravo Pirates!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Jay. The Cards are definitely the best team in baseball at this point. Great rivalry that brings out the best in both teams. Hopefully the Battlin' Buccs will give y'all a run for your money before the season is over.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kang had a good game today!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch