Home General Discussion

2012 opus x's

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Well today I decided to break out a fuente fuente that turned 3yrs old a little bit ago...anyways while doing a little yard work I had to sit down! The dang cigar had so many nice flavores I couldn't believe it. The one thing I really love about opus are that nice dried fruit taste or rasains as I normally describe it. But this thing was exploding with such great flavor all I could think about was well it! So if you guys have any 2012's sitting you might want to spark one up because they are delicious right now!!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish! I really need to grab some Opus to start aging. Sounds delicious. I had one (first) last summer and it had some age on it, very good smoke with lots of neat spices going on.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    They are well worth the wait...always a plus if you get them around msrp. I followed examples of other forum members and buy a few every time they come in and tuck them away...eventual you'll have a good amount
    Money can't buy taste
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a perfection #4 the other day, and it was amazing. I liked it more than its bigger bothers as far as size. The wrapper on it really shines though and is delicious.
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a fuente fuente opus x for my bday in april. was amazing! all of the flavors were mixed perfectly, with nothing overpowering the others. great smoke!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opus X are overrated
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Opus X are overrated
    Liar!!!!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    I had a perfection #4 the other day, and it was amazing. I liked it more than its bigger bothers as far as size. The wrapper on it really shines though and is delicious.
    I've only had a couple Opus, and usually I like the larger vitolas of most cigars, but that perfection is sooo nice.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of Hemingways, so I'm naturally favorable disposed toward the Fuente brand.

But after recently having a well-aged Opus X and a God of Fire (both generously gifted by BOTL here) and an Anejo (bought last December), I have to say that I'm not quire sure what the fuss is all about. They were all pleasant, but all seemed rather mild to me. I didn't get the same great "taste" from the wrappers (like you do with Hemingways) and none of this "fruit" sensation came through at all. I guess I was really expecting a lot more from a $20 cigar.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 Casa Fuentes from 2011 does that count? Their the oldest cigars I got next to a Padron I found hiding, don't know how old it is but the cello is so brown I can't bring myself to smoke it. Hoping some day I might see me some plummage.