Home Non Cigar Related

Under The Radar Good Movies

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
How about movies you liked that did not become well know or box office hits.

One that really surprised me is "Redemption" starring Jason Statham. Well made atypical for Mr Statham, with some great direction and editing. Still a physical movie, it is Jason Statham after all, but with some great touches.

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker & Dale vs Evil. It was a really funny spoof of horror movies, that never went over the top.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    Tucker & Dale vs Evil. It was a really funny spoof of horror movies, that never went over the top.

I thought I was the only one who watched that.
    jd50ae:
    ExpendableYouth:

I thought I was the only one who watched that.
    That was a great movie, super funny.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    If you guys like martial arts, action, violence... then consider The Raid: Redemption. It's a foreign film.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    variant2:
    If you guys like martial arts, action, violence... then consider The Raid: Redemption. It's a foreign film.
    The first one is amazing, the second one wasn't as good.
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    if you like documentaries, cave of forgotten dreams is pretty badass
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    The Perfect Host was pretty cool too
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Brotherhood of War. Rush. Mary and Max.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beach Red one of my favs and Naked Prey both feature Cornel Wilde.
    First Warrior:
    Beach Red one of my favs and Naked Prey both feature Cornel Wilde.

Watched "Naked Prey" many time and never get bored.
    Anyone watched "Red Cliff"? Actually 2 parts and they condensed them into a single movie. Chinese and really Epic.

The South Koreans turn out some really good movies also.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Anyone watched "Red Cliff"? Actually 2 parts and they condensed them into a single movie. Chinese and really Epic.

The South Koreans turn out some really good movies also.
    Fuck Yeah! Loved that movie. Especially the scenes with Gen Guan Yu and his Guan dao.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaolin Soccer

Okay, maybe not.  I enjoyed it, though.

I know a lot of good movies that are under the radar now, but it's mostly just because they're old. 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    City of the lost children, it's kinda trippy also it's one of Ron Perlmans first films. 
    City of the lost children, it's kinda trippy also it's one of Ron Perlmans first films. 
    That movie is weird as ****.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Grosse Pointe Blank is one I always recommend to people. 
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

That movie is weird as ****.
    Cronos was also a weird and cool movie from Mr. Perlman.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
     Synecdoche, New York - Starring the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman in a role likely empowered by his unassailable heroin use, this film will have you questioning everyday things. Grab the bong before you press play. I actually really enjoyed it.

The Gingerdead Man -- If you want to watch a man's career literally disappear in front of your very eyes, check out Gary Busey in this tale of homicidal baked goods. This tale of a foul - mouthed and murderous cookie comes complete with some of the best / worst acting this side of Tara Reid.

ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    Sadly, the first Gingedead Man is the best in the series. I've seen all of them.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heaven Knows Mr. Allison. 
    edited May 2015
    Heaven Knows Mr. Allison. 
    That was a really good movie .
    "Forward Until Dawn". I hate the title and I don't like teenage angst movies at all, even if they are space shoot em ups. But this is a well done movie and deserves a look. It was a real surprise and very well done all around. I think it was setup with a sequel in mind.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    God bless America direct by bobcat, SLC punk (personal fav), Cash back, Primer, Saftey not guaranteed and happy accidents ( weird movie but will make you think and may want to rewatch it a second time.
    Finally got all 3 parts to "Atlas Shrugged".
    "Netflix" has "Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged the Prophecy". But you have to do a search.