Home General Discussion

New Batteries

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
I checked my desk top humidor gauge this weekend and it was showing 85%. Oh no! I pulled it and ran a salt test and it showed 90%. The adjust dail was bottomed out. Took a long trip to town and Radio Shack and the guys there were nice enough to check the battery and it was bad. Didn't hurt that one of the clerks is a cigar head. New battery and all was well. I've had the round Humid Care gauge about a year. I bought extra batterys to swap out the other three gauges i am using. If your gauge reads false check your battey.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir re bob......been there done that and now I keep a whole stack of those elusive 2032s around.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine started with some wonky readings and I keep meaning to check what type it takes.  Now I think it's probably a 2032 and I don't have to wait to get back to check it while I'm out!  Thanks, JD..
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine started with the numbers getting lighter and lighter.  New batteries are wonderful things!