Home General Discussion
Options

Best Invention Ever For Humidors

edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
A few months ago I purchased this 70% Heartfelt Bead Stainless Steel Humidifier to help regulate the humidity in my humidor.  In the past I've used the regular sponge in the cage thingy, humidifing gels, cigar juice, boveda packs, and a combinations of all of this mixed in the humidor together.  Nothing has come close to the stability or reliability of the heartfelt bead.  It's a must have for all cigar lovers.  I'm a very visual person and the sleek design of the stainless steel cage is gorgeous.  Just had to share with all.

By the way I love the new forum set up and how easy it is to edit and post pics.

Comments

• Options
    CSGCSG Posts: 5
    I've been using the beads from cheap humidor in my coolerdor for the past 14 years.  I've tried all the rest but I prefer beads.  Mine are set at 70% and my coolerdor rests at that +/- 1%.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I use hearfelt beads in my humidor and my cooler.  Never an issue with them.  It keeps the cooler rock steady at 65% until they need a recharge.  As soon as it drops bellow 65 I know they need a quick sprits of water.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a boveda fan if you didn't know but that does look nice! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Boveda works great as well.  The only issue I had with them was to consistently keep my humidor at 70% i needed about 5 bags.  Then after 3 months needed new bags.  With the heartfelt beads it takes up less space, is more esthetically pleasing, and for the long run it's cheaper.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use heartfelt and love them. I just have them in those mesh bags. I definitely like the look of that container and may have to upgrade to that.
  • Options
    The container is the best. Takes up no space and also comes with a nifty syringe to fill it up easily.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Looks great. I can't get a size perspective from your photo. What are its dimensions?
  • Options
    I bought the medium size one which contains more beads and can regulate more cubic inches.  This size is: 6 1/2" by 2 1/2" by 7/8" thick.  It fits right into the regular humidifiers space in the humidor.

pic.jpg 198.9K