Home General Discussion
Options

How many points till.... (plus legit question)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

How many points do we have to earn before we get a free box of cigars? ;)

On a more serious note... I do have a question. I have a couple cigars in my Herf-a-dor that has a 65% Boveda pack. I noticed that they are swollen up. Should this be happening with a RH regulated Boveda?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I do this same set up continuously with no problems. Stick a hygrometer in there for a while. Then tell us what it reads.  Also note the local weatherman's RH statements. And, you could remove EVERYTHING and fill it with water to check the seal. I dunno if any of this info will help but you gotta start gathering some clues. Right?  
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought would possibly be a bad seal on the box but I would toss in a hygro like Mr. Luken suggested.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Will do that tonight! My main humi is holding steady where it always does (about 66%) so I think I would be comfortable snaking my hygrometer from the big box and drop it in the Herf-a-dor for a while.
  • Options
    I weren't kiddin about the water test. I've done it.
  • Options
    I will have to find out how to get some of the foam padding out. I think the top and bottom ones are glued in. I could be wrong. I  haven't tried taking them out. lol
  • Options
    Or you could do it in reverse without removing the glued-in foam pieces. Dunk it in the tub or a bucket of water. Put hand towels or washcloths inside To help absorb any water that gets in. Of course you could always do the flashlight test first before you take it as far as the aqua test.