Home General Discussion
Options

Are we idiots too?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I was at a restaurant last weekend and saw a young lady photographing her plate of food when it arrived. I assumed she wanted to post it online to facebook or whatever. I thought "What an idiot". Then later I realized that we do the same thing with cigars here on our little forum.
Post edited by Bob_Luken on

Are we idiots too? 27 votes

Yes
25%
rookiesmokerbrianetz1ShadowInTheMoonEulogyCrouseferExpendableYouthCSG 7 votes
No
11%
jliuy2pascoeCharlieHeis 3 votes
Justifiably in love, with cigars.
62%
kuzi16YankeeManjsnakeAmos_UmwhatjgibvGray4linesRhamlintwistedstemreggie713MartelonestrangeoneLiquidChaos66No_one21avengethisFirst_WarriorCrisiusSecretSquirrel 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Are we idiots too?

HEY!!!
    I resemble that remark!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, taking pictures of food makes you a fatty. Or at least uncivilized.   Yes, that's a pile of crispy onion straws on your burger.  I post pics of cigars because you are my only smoking friends...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A little bit of myself dies with each picture.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Check out the weirdo. Creepy, isn't he? 

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, are we there yet?

w
  • Options
    Lol, taking pictures of food makes you a fatty. Or at least uncivilized.   Yes, that's a pile of crispy onion straws on your burger.  I post pics of cigars because you are my only smoking friends...
    "Real" smoking friends are overrated.  :D
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heart this thread already
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Check out the weirdo. Creepy, isn't he? 

Great oogily mogily he is indeed creepy.....he is not looking at his cell phone. Probably an alien sent here to figure out the best way to take over the planet. And I know what he is thinking....one 8 foot board and he could shove all of them under a train with no effort at all.
  • Options
    I hate cell phones and do not have one. But the one thing that upsets me the most is danielzreyes and his food photos. He has had my stomach growling at me so many times with his PHO photos it drives me crazy (I know, short drive). Please stop.....
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I hate cell phones and do not have one. But the one thing that upsets me the most is danielzreyes and his food photos. He has had my stomach growling at me so many times with his PHO photos it drives me crazy (I know, short drive). Please stop.....

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think since we are all cigar people it's different...unless the girl was gonna post it to a food forum or something like that
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Someone has been to Smash Burger.... Also, I agree.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There's no difference between pictures of cigars and food. 
  • Options
    Eulogy said:
    There's no difference between pictures of cigars and pictures of food. 

Fixed it for ya. 

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I take pics of my food all the time! :) My pics are followed with reviews of the restaurant and the experience though. Its what I do. lol PLUS half of the dining experience for me is the presentation of said edibles. If the food don't look good then I wont be as happy with it.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I take pics of my food all the time! My pics are followed with reviews of the restaurant and the experience though. Its what I do. lol PLUS half of the dining experience for me is the presentation of said edibles. If the food don't look good then I wont be as happy with it.

If I ever make it out to your neck of the woods we need to herf. And, I'll take you out for dinner too but you gotta promise not to do that camera thing.  :#
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    ive never given much of a **** about what my food looks like until i ended up going to this one sushi place on their grand opening. that **** was amazing looking
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I take pics of my food all the time! My pics are followed with reviews of the restaurant and the experience though. Its what I do. lol PLUS half of the dining experience for me is the presentation of said edibles. If the food don't look good then I wont be as happy with it.

If I ever make it out to your neck of the woods we need to herf. And, I'll take you out for dinner too but you gotta promise not to do that camera thing.  :#

If you make it to my side of the country i will take you up on that offer! I promise I will not take pictures of my food... You have my word! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    No
    I don't think their idiots, nor us.  Silly?  Maybe.  Heck, I take pictures of beers sometimes.  I think we're just a culture of sharing everything on social media these days. Not speaking for everyone of course. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    y2pascoe said:
    I don't think their idiots, nor us.  Silly?  Maybe.  Heck, I take pictures of beers sometimes.  I think we're just a culture of sharing everything on social media these days. Not speaking for everyone of course. 
    Agree. I take pictures of beer and cigars but have never done it for food, mostly because I inhale it too fast.