Home Non Cigar Related

Freakin Summer Colds

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got over being laid up again. had all the symptoms of the flu, pneumonia and anything else you could think of. Chills, sweating, tired and generally wiped out. Is there something going around again? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Anytime the seasons change I have similar issues, only mine seem to just be me. Mine are mainly my ears. I have to go several times a year to get relief from bad sinus/ear problems.  

This last go around, as the weather got nice, I got fluid behind my right ear (my bad one) and ended up in ER two weeks ago with vertigo..still recovering to be honest. 

So I feel your pain..the weather is getting better and being laid up sucks!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it has been a little worse this year.  I usually get a minor sinus thing and possibly fever once or twice a year, spring and fall.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is going around here too. One of my co-workers was out for a week (and he isn't the type to be flaky)

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it. Sucks. Going on 4 weeks now
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    I have it. Sucks. Going on 4 weeks now
    I started drinking about a quart of Tropicana a day, dehydrated and didn't realize it. After about 2 days things started getting better. Tropicana is good stuff.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .......Tropicana is good stuff.
    And a good sipping bourbon or two fingers of Glenmorangie scotch is even better. After a couple of those ya don't care about the symptoms... JPMPL  B)
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to drink screwdrivers when I was younger and got sick. I don't think it ever helped, but I sure as **** didn't care as much.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osha root/ bear root syrup. 
    Nasty tasting stuff, but it works for coughs and stuff.
    It has a very strong licorice taste to it, but it is a great natural cough suppressant and decongestant.

If you get it, make sure it is from a reputable place and a little goes a long ways.
    I usually put a teaspoon of it in a tea.

My grandmother used to make me take it when I was younger for colds and coughs and while I hate it, it does work.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    .......Tropicana is good stuff.
    And a good sipping bourbon or two fingers of Glenmorangie scotch is even better. After a couple of those ya don't care about the symptoms... JPMPL  B)

Mmm, glenmorangie is good stuff.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America