Home General Discussion

wedding

I know the thread title seems off topic. My youngest daughter is getting married to a fine man Sept. 26. This is the 1st marriage for us as a family. 
 The grooms family at least some of them enjoy cigars occasionally but not as often as i do. I would like to break the ice by offering a good cigar but not too good. You know not trying to show off but offering a good quality cigar.
 I was thinking some San Cristobal Elegencia or from the line. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    First, that's great. Congrats!

The elegancia is a great choice. Nice cigar, not too strong.  They're one of my favorite connecticuts.

Anything kinda mild or medium would be a good choice (since they may not smoke a lot).

Arturo Fuente hemmingway, any AVO, or something like the elegancia.  I think all of those are great cigars, but not anything flashy.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hemingway would be a good choice. Solid smoke, inexpensive, and a well known name. And congratulations.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Agree on the Hemingway 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Cristobal Elegencia would be a fine choice. And, the bands are beautiful so, even those who aren't gonna smoke one will be impressed by the looks of them. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably one of the first cigars I bought at a B&M I picked out for the band. It turned out to be a very good choice.....go with it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are on the right track. In my experience most non-smokers enjoy mild and sweet.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Agreed on your choice, well done
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is definitely a great choice for people who both smoke regularly and occasionally. 
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
    1st of all, thank you for all the congratulations. What a great bunch we have here in the forum. I had no idea what to expect from anyone I appreciate all your advice.
    I think I will be offering both a Hemingway and San Cristobal. Letting the attendee decide. Now I just have to get some braces for my knees to keep from shaking while walking her down the isle.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man!! Hope everything goes well!! I'll agree with the Fuente and add the la aurora preferido #2 conny...I'm sure a rep could give you a good price on them if you call them up. I just suggest that because it's one of my favorite conny cigars and a very classic shape 
    Money can't buy taste