Home General Discussion
Options

Every day cigars (saving the best for the weekend)

2»

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temmeh said:
    @avengethis and bob, bought a 

Dumaine 60 Humidor

From ccom so I have some room.. Having issues breaking the 60 rh but  hoping summer will help....

Topic change.... So what do y'all think about box pressed ( I call them flat heads)

got some Romeo y Juliet viejos in a sampler and looking for others thoughts before I review ...
    I would check the seal, and make sure you seasoned it properly.  I do not recommend the wipe down method, in my opinion leaving a dish of distilled water and letting the wood slowly absorb the moisture works smoother.  Also depending on the cigar I am a huge fan of the box pressed.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TemmehTemmeh Posts: 12
    @usaf06 thanks for tip. Will try.

all.. If u are ever in DC stop at Shelly's cigar bar and ask for Tony ( yeah the guy that looks like tony soprano) he will hook you up... Awesome place!!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I love box pressed cigars.  Just cool.  I don't notice any difference smoking.  

A subtle press is the mark of a good Cuban that comes in a dress box.  I like the sharply molded presses too.  Jameson Santos DE Miami is the sharpest I've seen. 

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look sexy
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

A subtle press is the mark of a good Cuban that comes in a dress box.  I like the sharply molded presses too.  Jameson Santos DE Miami is the sharpest I've seen. 

Where do you buy those at?
  • Options
    WaltBasil said:

Jameson has a website. I believe a couple places sell them too.  He graduated from Marshall in Huntington WV and had a store there that I went to, but I believe it closed and he only has one in FL now.

His stuff is pretty good.  I like the declaration, black label, and the Miamis.  
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil said:

Jameson has a website. I believe a couple places sell them too.  He graduated from Marshall in Huntington WV and had a store there that I went to, but I believe it closed and he only has one in FL now.

His stuff is pretty good.  I like the declaration, black label, and the Miamis.  
    I found his website, but doesn't seem to sell them. The samplers are for sale, and some merchandise. but to buy 5 packs or boxes, nada. cigfed reviews them but doesn't sell. And none I can find on the usual internet sites. Guess I'll have to try some of the local BNMs.
  • Options
    @WaltBasil I just checked too and I see what you mean... I thought he'd have more for sale on his site. I hope he's still making em, they were very good.  

Next time I'm in WV I'll see if I can find any. I know a store in Charleston used to carry em.  
  • Options
    Just got a simpler of Ave Maria crusaders today... Rating it with a smiley face, mild and a good smoke

also got a 10 of rocky Patel royal vintage per a recommendation. These are box press and much better than the RJ ones I had.. Mild with a good smoke, a little uneven on burn. Rate it a 6, just ok...
  • Options
    @/Patrickbrick
    the dish of distilled water did it on the humidor.. Up to 68rh now... Pulled it out now and just running with the black plastic humi pack. Thanks for the tip!