Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

obsidian black label

SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭

so I have listened to expendable and eulogy quite a bit over the course of my cigar smoking days, as our tastes are, for the most part, generally aligned. I remember them both talking about the obsidian one day, and how bad of an experience it was for them. they even put it on their least favorite cigars top 5 list, and it was winning. then one day, (today) I get a rather nice hit from @usaf06 and it had one in there. I've never tried it before, but from what my buddies have said, I must admit that my expectations weren't very high.

so as I was procrastinating finishing up my final paper for one of my classes, I decided to give it a shot. and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised! it didn't taste like a pile of burning dirt like expendable likes to describe it. it was actually kind of good! I did get some faint earthy tones, with quite a bit of spice in the beginning. but it also has a really nice sweet flavor to it on the back end. towards the middle, the spice seems almost non-existent anymore, and the earthy tones also seem to fade, but the sweetness becomes more apparent, plus a nice woodsy flavor arose. the thing smokes like a champ! perfect draw, clean burn, and ample smoke output.

so in conclusion, even if someone tells you something is hot garbage, give it a shot, you might be surprised! maybe the ones they had were bad sticks. dunno. all I know is that this one was great. thanks @usaf06 for the new experience!