Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Adios, America! In bookstores next Monday, June 1.

2»

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Paul73 said:
    Guys, tone it down.Civil discourse is welcome, jackassery is not.This is not directed at any individual, but rather a reminder that anyone can be tough behind a computer in their mom's basement. Be respectful...that is all.
    AMEN
    It's funny that you don't think his comment is at all directed towards you. Also, Ann Coulter is an old lady with pancake butt; thanks, but no thanks.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    OOOHHHH my bad fellas. 
    This one's on me.

Sorry if I offended anyone. 

It seems a couple of my GIFs had soap-words in them and someone must have reported them. 

Apologies to anyone who was offended by these 4-letter words. 

I'LL BE SURE TO ONLY POST QUALITY CONTENT FROM NOW ON SINCE THAT'S WHAT WE'RE DOING NOW!

JOHNNY FIVE OUT

No Sir everyone here is good, Americans hating on each other and Anne Coulter in the same few minutes have left me feeling incredibly dirty(not the good dirty) I'll throw in a pic to possibly offend someone somewhere, but I stand by my thoughts that the very second you point the finger at one side saying "They are the reasons America sucks" is the exact second the badguys win. Its a trick a dog and pony show to distract you from whats really goin on, the truth is the most folks just dont like to do the legwork. Its far easier to kick on the safe non threatening TV to tell them what the "facts" are regardless of whether their even true, facts, or fallacies. Its easier to hate what you dont understand or hate what makes you uncomfortable than to sit in your discomfort and fear and extend your hand like a man and do whats right. JGibv you good baby, and so is JD Im not goin to comment on Mrs Howard Stern Coulter cuz I aint puttin money in that fake sh*t
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    We really need foul language on here.

It is allowed. You just need to read between the asterisks.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    We really need foul language on here.

It is allowed. You just need to read between the asterisks.
    What fucking asterisks?
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    OOOHHHH my bad fellas. 
    This one's on me.

It seems a couple of my GIFs had soap-words in them 

Oooooo, soap words. 

Ivory.
    Irish Spring.
    Dove.
    Lifeboy.
    99 99/100 pure. 

I feel so ...so...cleansed.  
  • Options
    raisindot said:
    jgibv said:
    OOOHHHH my bad fellas. 
    This one's on me.

It seems a couple of my GIFs had soap-words in them 

Oooooo, soap words. 

Ivory.
    Irish Spring.
    Dove.
    Lifeboy.
    99 99/100 pure. 

I feel so ...so...cleansed.  
    Now try that again as you drop one in prison.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know Anne Coulter from a hole in the ground; but...

Has anyone  commented on the content of her book?

Or is all you can say just "who cares?" and  "you suck" any time someone disagrees with the current statist meme?

What does she say there? Is it true? Does it enlighten?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost said:

Or is all you can say just "who cares?" and  "you suck" any time someone disagrees with the current statist meme?

Book's not out yet but it's already got the top two slots (1. Hard cover, 2. Kindle) on Amazon's best seller list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/11251/ref=zg_b_bs_11251_1

She's the female version of Sean Hannity. Both make good points but miss out on the delivery. I prefer listening / watching Megan Kelly as she's good on the eyes and the ears. 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Ann Coulter's new book.

It will be vilified by people who never read a word of it.
    It will become another #1 best seller and the NY Times will not even mention it.
    And no one will ever be able to dispute her facts without "msnbcing" it and misquoting it.
    Come on lefties, get it off your chests now, don't wait for the rush(see what I did there?).
    Get on that bandwagon while there is still room.

I might wait for the movie.

jd50ae said:
    Ann Coulter's new book.

It will be vilified by people who never read a word of it.
    It will become another #1 best seller and the NY Times will not even mention it.
    And no one will ever be able to dispute her facts without "msnbcing" it and misquoting it.
    Come on lefties, get it off your chests now, don't wait for the rush(see what I did there?).
    Get on that bandwagon while there is still room.

I might wait for the movi

JD - What happened to your personal debate thread established by Rain? Shouldn't this be entered there? Where are the Mods? Rain or Colorado Irish? Are you monitoring? The two of you have been suspiciously quiet!  Just saying.  
  • Options
    I apologize for baggin on Coulter, if Howard can get paid to be offensive, and I could when I was young, then she has every right to get paid hand over fist for saying whatever offensive/hateful  thing her fans want, more power to her. All apologies to any conservative or liberal people that took offense
  • Options
    webmost said:

Google Anne Coulter qoutes or facts, thats what I did this morning and right around then the dirt started feeling permanent
  • Options
    Here, this makes me feel better ;p

https://youtu.be/etzMjoH0rJw

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Eulogy said:
    jd50ae said:
    Paul73 said:
    Guys, tone it down.Civil discourse is welcome, jackassery is not.This is not directed at any individual, but rather a reminder that anyone can be tough behind a computer in their mom's basement. Be respectful...that is all.
    AMEN
    It's funny that you don't think his comment is at all directed towards you. Also, Ann Coulter is an old lady with pancake butt; thanks, but no thanks.
    I did not post the foul language, which is the only post removed.. I did not post the ridiculous comments. I did not post insults about Ann Coulyer. I did ..... what is the use.

I made a post about her new book and went on to say "I will wait for the movie".

I do not intend to read the book (well I didn't) but made a comment about how people, without reading the book, will vilify it and her.

The whole post was supposed to be humorous. But some people can't wait to demonstrate their pretentious attitudes and missed the whole point.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see why anyone would or could find your Coulter meme offensive? 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    If you look real hard you will find the same sort of thing for any public name you type.

Here is a good one, but you have to read the whole thing....http://takimag.com/article/adios_ann_coulter_gavin_mcinnes

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See what I mean? You just can't get past the ad hominem. Can you?

Ad hominem has always been a popular means of dodging the truth, in my experience, and has been a classical logical fallacy since the Greeks first started figuring out how to make sense of the world. The person is not the issue. What is true remains true regardless whether Coulter said it, just as much as what's a lie remains a lie regardless whether Obama said it. Personal attacks only create a strong suspicion that you have no valid rebuttal. Do you have a valid rebuttal?

I just googled my way to anncouler.com. A precis of her new book is on this page:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2015-05-27.html#read_more

Whether politifact can dredge up some untruths she said and rate them in or out of context or not... how does any of that affect what she says here?

Try to get past your "I hate her". Does she inform? Try to get past your "What she says is hateful" Is it true? Address that. Is it true and is she informative? 

Forget Coulter, a minute. Pretend it was Bella Abzug. What if we found this stuff at bellaabzug.com... Does she say something true here? 

I don't listen to any of these people. I could not distinguish Hannity from sanity. I am not banging the drum for blowhards. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    See what I mean? You just can't get past the ad hominem. Can you?

Ad hominem has always been a popular means of dodging the truth, in my experience, and has been a classical logical fallacy since the Greeks first started figuring out how to make sense of the world. The person is not the issue.

I think you'll find, if you look into Ms Coulter, that it is also her favorite method of argument.  It is her go-to response to all who disagree with her, or so it seems after watching a few hours of her trying to cope with facts that disagree with her opinions.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭