Home General Discussion
Options

Avo Fans! - Avo Syncro

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/a-box-pressed-avo-heads-to-ipcpr-18193

New avo is being released. First box press for Avo or even davidoff.  Interesting blend if you're an Avo fan. Nicaraguan ometepe with Dominican and Peruvian filler, Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper.  Look beautiful, I hope it keeps that distinct avo/davidoff smoothness. 

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in trying that.  Looks super sexy
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peruvian filler? Bueno. Adding to my wish list

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely look to pick one up and try it the next time I'm at a B&M.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I just noticed, the classic covers 2015 ltd ed was the first Avo to use Ometepe. 

@jarubla  Yup! I think a few Avo's use Peruvian filler among other dominicans typically. If you haven't had any Avo's I'd highly recommend.  A great cigar that can be had for really good prices on sale.  

@SleevePlz I think they'll be out late this year to early next year, but I'll definitely be looking to grab some.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This seems like the next step in them revamping their line-up. The Maduro and Signature have been discontinued. They can still be found for now but they are not making more. Just picked up some maduro, probably my last 5er of them, ever.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local has the maduros that have I think they said 4-5 years on them.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with them axing the maduro. It was very one dimensional in comparison to all other Avo lines. The one I miss is 7-8-7. 
    I do have high hopes for this even though I have doubts about the Peruvian leaf. Just not sure the musk I love in the other avo lines will be maintained.  The only avo line without it was the heritage and that stands as my least favorite avo. 
    ...still good but I'll never buy a box. I expect a blending style out of avo. When it strays I can't help but feel a touch disappointed. 
  • Options
    The maduros were never a good seller.  I think they are pretty good
  • Options
    I have yet to fire up my Avos--I have a no. 2 and a couple of 88's resting. Prolly light them in a few more months.

So, noob question: when a product line is announced like this, how long before it is available?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Update:

Whelp, I read the article and saw 2016 :)
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    I have yet to fire up my Avos--I have a no. 2 and a couple of 88's resting. Prolly light them in a few more months.

So, noob question: when a product line is announced like this, how long before it is available?

-Jay
    The article just said widely available 2016.  It will be introduced at ipcp next month. That's probably typical 6mo or so.  

The 88's are quite good! 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does ccom have an Excited badge?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR