Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Attn website designers

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any experience designing websites? If so, what software do you use?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Best Answers

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Dreamweaver will allow you to do most of what you want.
    There are a lot of templates available for Dreamweaver .
    The biggest thing I can recommend for building a website is to keep it simple and pleasing to the eye.

I sold off all my websites year before last. Partly because the consume so much time and partly to pay the state off when my mom passed away.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Answers

• Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    0patience said:
    Dreamweaver.
    What are you trying to do?

Well, I manage our chiropractic website and have customized all the content via a company we pay that probably only provides simple templates. We will be filing a DBA (Doing Business As) before we kick off the MLS laser portion of our practice. Sadly I'm the most tech savvy person in the office, so the responsibility for the laser website either falls on me or we have to outsource it. I'd like to save us money and increase my value to the company. I've heard it's mostly drag and drop these days. We'll be directing traffic to the site for the most part so it just needs to look professional and be functional. SEO control would be nice though. I've never done this before, so it's a bit daunting, but I think I can pull it off.

P.S. Badges ****
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman said:
    Anyone have any experience designing websites? If so, what software do you use?
    No software is necessary. It's prolly quicker to learn to hack html by hand than it is to learn how to use any suite of software which promises to make life easier for you.

Plus, you get way cleaner code.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise widgets, eye candy, and things that float in and out of the page I am trying to navigate. It does not improve a business site.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise spammers that necro 4-YO threads.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll save webmost the trouble: who necro 4-YO threads.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. That is an object. Who is a person.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drat.  double-drat.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis