Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Rant. Inept local media.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Non Cigar Related
So, the local news scroll banner at the bottom of the screen this morning states that suspects are being sought after an Exxon in a neighboring town was burglarized overnight. A burglary is headline news? My B.S. meter goes off. I realized that, more than likely, someone in this so-called news organization doesn't know the difference between robbery and burglary.

I did a quick on-line check of the very same source and, sure enough, it was an armed robbery, an accidental shooting, a separate shooting assault/attempted murder, combined. One man is dead and another one is in critical condition. Plus, it wasn't even an Exxon station. Some run-down joint called Express Market. Holy Crap! If I ran a news agency of any type and someone tried to call all this,...... JUST A BURGLARY, they'd be out the door in a heartbeat.  (Even if their job was only to type in the banner headlines.)

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Officials are saying a robbery led up to a shooting that left one of the suspects dead and another person injured.

Police said three alleged robbers went inside the Express Market on Antioch Pike with guns drawn around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. 

When one of the men tried to get on the other side of the counter, his gun accidentally went off, shooting one of the other suspects. He was found dead in the doorway by police.

When that happened, the two other men panicked, throwing the clerk to the ground and shooting him point-blank before running off. 

The clerk was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he's listed in critical condition. His name has not been released by officials.

Police are looking for the two suspects that got away. They were unable to get a specific description because they were all wearing masks.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29236214/1-killed-1-injured-in-shooting-at-antioch-market#ixzz3c6huwMxn

Then, to top it all off, the local on-the-scene morning news reporter lady called the one robber accidentally shooting another robber a "freak accident". WTF LADY!!?? Three losers with guns drawn storm into a market to rob it and one robber accidentally shoots another robber? Not exactly surprising that there were unintended consequences. So,.............no, NOT a "freak accident". 

What next? Will she claim to have an interview with someone who survived a drowning?

Post edited by Bob_Luken on

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Bob, Bob, Bob. 

Sit down. Get out on the porch, pour yourself a nice glass of Tennessee bourbon and light up one of your favorite stogies.Watch the hummingbirds dance around your feeders. Smell the honeysuckle. Take some deep breaths. Don't you feel better now? 

Save your real ire for the important things like Obamacare, ISIS, liberals, hipsters, political correctness, and big gummint. It's a given everyone in the world that all local TV news is the product of inept, illiterate morons with PR degrees. Why devote a moment of thought to it?

;)
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hopefully it was a reservoir dogs scenario where it was a motley band of theives put together by a criminal kingpin, and the undercover narc was shot. Although it seems more likely that they were smoking rocks before they decided to rob a liquor store and one of the guys shot his friend. When he is identified it will probably lead back to the other two intellectual Giants.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Thanks. 

I'm good. I felt a lot better right after I posted! LOL

This is a lifelong rant. Every local news story I ever had first-hand knowledge of was erroneously reported. In EVERY one of them, there was at least one factual error if not many. But, I still read/watch/listen to local news hoping they'll get it right. Just the facts. Ya' know? Stupid me.

• Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Media no longer tries to get the full story -- they're just a source of entertainment.

May a 1,000 fucks be upon the other 2 suspects. Hopefully they can off each other and not hurt any more innocent people.

Thoughts and prayers to the store clerk.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the precise wording, it went something like this.

Man is shot at local strip mall while getting into his van. It was another attempt to demonstrate why no one should have guns.

The real story.
    A man and his girlfriend just left a sports store when some thug with a gun tried to rob them. The man pulled his LEGALLY owned 45 and fired off a round. He then chased the wounded thug to his van and fired 2 more rounds because the thug kept pointing his illegally possessed gun at him. 3 rounds from a 45 and he lived to spend (I think) the next 15 years in prison.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob, I can see your ire with this.  Not just missing the story itself, but as a life long cop, it drives me crazy when they mix up robbery and burglary.  Usually, it's the other way around, people say they've been robbed when their home or business has been burglarized.

Get it straight folks!