Home Non Cigar Related

pet insurance

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any of you have insurance for your pet/s? is it worth it? 

Getting slapped in the face with these emergency vet visits are taking a toll on my wallet

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We looked into it when ours had knee surgery.  Ended up deciding it wasn't worth it due to restrictions on what was not covered.

Probably would have been worth it for things like what Frankie's going through now.....(but not for things like joint issues, like ours has, due to her breed being on their restricted/not covered list.) 

Lots of rules & restrictions -- so just be sure to read the fine print and see what's not covered.

I have no experience with them -- but I've heard good things about "Healthy Paws".

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about getting it as well when mine were puppy's, but it seemed like there were more restrictions than what they would actually pay for.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got it free for 6 months with a rescue dog we got. It worked out well, cause the dog had urinary infections until she was spayed. They paid a good bit of the bills. But I don't think I'd get it if I had to pay for it. 
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had with my Golden Retriever "Murphy" that was taken from this earth by lung cancer. The Vet bills from Purdue University were astonishing and yet I would do it over and over again if there was even a miniscule chance of the cancer being eradicated. Unfortunately he succumbed to the vicious disease and my wife and I had the misfortunate task of taking him to the local St. John IN. vet to have him put down. We still miss him greatly.