Home Non Cigar Related

Movie fans are a bit crazy.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, this weekend the population in our town multiplied by 4.
This weekend is the 30 year Goonies celebration in town and it is amazing to me how many people have come here for this.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    So what all does this celebration consist of?  Any of the cast going to be there?
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I haven't seen the Goonies in forever. Probably won't watch it though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An outdoor theater viewing of the movie, some local (to Oregon) bands, Tours and there is supposed to be a cast reunion. 
    Pretty much they are taking up the entire downtown Astoria. 

Here is the Facebook page for it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Patrick Stewart is not a fan...

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

0patience said:
    An outdoor theater viewing of the movie, some local (to Oregon) bands, Tours and there is supposed to be a cast reunion. 
    Pretty much they are taking up the entire downtown Astoria. 

Here is the Facebook page for it.
    Interesting...
    CvilleE said:

Interesting...
    Yeah, it's amazing how these things consume the entire town. LOL!

And people have to ask you questions about it, like everyone that lives here are experts on it. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    CvilleE said:

Interesting...
    Yeah, it's amazing how these things consume the entire town. LOL!

And people have to ask you questions about it, like everyone that lives here are experts on it. 

I didn't realize it was that big...here we have civil war battlefield tours/reenactments and the 4th of July.  My town shuts down during that for the festivities (7/4)...each town has it's own history to bring folks together...I just never thought of a Goonies Day...

It interest me since I enjoy history and what different communities do/celebrate...

That being said, are you one of the tour guides?   :p

Hope those Goonies don't bother you too much!
    CvilleE said:

I didn't realize it was that big...here we have civil war battlefield tours/reenactments and the 4th of July.  My town shuts down during that for the festivities (7/4)...each town has it's own history to bring folks together...I just never thought of a Goonies Day...

It interest me since I enjoy history and what different communities do/celebrate...

That being said, are you one of the tour guides?   :p

Hope those Goonies don't bother you too much!
    Goonies is one of those cult classic movies that took on a life of its own. 
    It's an entertaining movie, but I never thought for a moment that it had a following like it does.
    There are fans from Asia, Europe and all over.
    And these fans are passionate about it.

When it was being made, it was a big joke in town about they're closing this place or that place today, because their filming some "goofy" movie.

But they paid well for using our trucks and stuff, so us hot rodders didn't mind too much. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great time, embrace the madness.  Love it when my little town gets turned on it's ear, last time was the zumba prostitute though, lol.  Used to have an annual "dump parade" down in the port every summer, locals made their floats from picking the dump.  The town was very proud of their dump.  Made the Nat Geo Mag one year, bunch of yahoo's and proud of it.  Embrace it and be a yahoo too, lol.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to make some booty traps for my new place...since my wife's face is kinda nice.  Gotta keep the Fratelli's away!

Speaking of which, I saw Robert Davi on TV at a McDonald's during my move spouting political commentary.  Not sure of the station, but probably Fox News.  What makes him a political figure?  He's just an opera singer turned actor that had one memorable part, right?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    We are going to have the same sort of growth here as soon as Skull Bone starts its series of Bike events and open air concerts. Already see a lot of bikes with out of sate license plates, and the all wear helmets.

But "Doodle Soup Day" is the one I am waiting for. YessirreBob.