Home Non Cigar Related

Life. What does it mean to you. For me it entales God, family and liberty.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Gen 3:9  And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10  And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11  And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Gen 3:12  And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
Gen 3:13  And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

The blame game.
Really as old as time itself, it dramatically expresses man's desire to both deceive and place blame on another. A fair assumption here would be simply that while we often wrong others we are quick to be offended by the transgressions of the same. Early in the history of man this rather undesirable trait became overwhelmingly clear. We always assume our actions to be in the right at the time and even when all the available information has been digested, we then become stubborn in our refusal to accept the truth.
 Bullheadedness.    def.   The ability for an individual to become immersed in oneself totally and refuse to accept responsibility for one's actions.
 Mankind.
 Not the cleverest of creatures by this very unflattering definition. Still though we are who we are.
 Or are we?
 Can we not change ourselves?
 Somewhat perhaps but while we can sway our habits one way or the other to A varying degree, we still have our pesky personalities that overwhelmingly define our everyday routines. This boundary, while not entirely solid, still sways even the slightest thoughts and actions pertaining to daily life.
 The problem now we can assume is one of complexity. Do we really want to change and by default better ourselves.
 If your answer is no. No problem. Yes, on the other hand insures us that any number of questions now must be answered.
 The next logical question would be as follows:
 How much resistance can we endure during this transitional phase?
 The answer is not much of an answer at all.
 It depends. 
 Life will never be A simple thing. We must be ever changing and adapting to these changes in A positive way to reinforce our focus to be truly happy.
 Confusing isn't it?
 Not if you have faith. Then everything becomes crystal clear and you can focus on what really matters.
 Life. Live it today.
 Just one of the things I chuckle to myself about.
 People. Aren't we grand in our self value?

:-)

Rodney.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple thoughts...

We judge others by their actions, we judge ourselves by our intentions.

I don't think we can change ourselves; we can change things about ourselves, but the core of who we are - our hearts - are beyond our power to change.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Ain't life grand!  Question could be what is really better?  Better for you or better for others, as you see it.  What is better now may not be what I think is better later.  I know I've changed, learned and done stupid stuff, still do, lol.  But all the things I've done in life and different things I've put in my pocket along the way all make up what I am today.  

The situation you're in can define what you are at that time.  Like the spoke and hub theory, the hub being your core personality and the spokes your feelings so to speak.  Happiness, anger, sadness, etc.  When faced with something we react in a certain way pulling from these spokes to making them a more dominate part of our central hub to deal with it.  When being threatened you may pull from your survival spoke, could be fight or flight.  To deal with sadness you pull from other spokes, but eventually the hub settles back in and the wheel smooths out again, but maybe a little different.  For better or worse, lol.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Both great answers. While using the ability to temporarily change, understanding of the fact that we are who we are at the core level, is still the defining factor of our personalities. Then you both held to a certain principle. That being the somewhat theory.

Rodney.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The same author makes this point and adds the rhetorical question;

"The heart of man is desperately wicked!, who can know it?"