Home General Discussion
Options

Where is Rain?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
Unusual for him to be off the forum this long.  I can't recall a post from him since the new forum.  Anyone know what's up?
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New forum is too complicated for him.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    He posted that he's been super busy with work. I think also he doesn't care for the new format. Hope he perseveres.
    Place isn't the same without him... :'(
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    We should do a Rain dance.  And by that I mean leave out plenty of troll bait.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Is he still in Copperas Cove? Could send a "Rain dance" his way....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Can you keep the non-BOTL behavior to the NCR, if you insist on spewing it.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:
    jd50ae said:

And he wonders why he has so many Disagrees.

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, he seemed to disappear after the format change, a few have.  We all get busy from time to time but I think he'll be back, the forum has badges now, lol.
  • Options
    SleevePlz said:
    Is he still in Copperas Cove? Could send a "Rain dance" his way....
    Hmm, Copperas Cove, I wasn't thinking about all the Texas flooding.  He may be up to his elbows, literally.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    It gives the rest of us a chance to catch up on post count.  He's such a good BOTL.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I seem to recall a post where he was talking about taking on a bunch of rain (no pun intended) and just being super busy.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    jimmyv723 said:
    SleevePlz said:
    jd50ae said:

It was a joke xxxxxx. How can you disagree with a joke?

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    jimmyv723 said:
    SleevePlz said:
    jd50ae said:

It was a joke xxxxxx. How can you disagree with a joke?

I don't know, you tell me.

Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Don't worry JD, I won't mess around with you anymore. It's pretty obvious from the fact that you think you need to explain to me what a joke is, while not even realizing that I'm just joking around with you, that you don't get it.

Oh well, where's that Alllan guy... He gets my jokes.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723 said:
    Don't worry JD, I won't mess around with you anymore. It's pretty obvious from the fact that you think you need to explain to me what a joke is, while not even realizing that I'm just joking around with you, that you don't get it.

BS
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723 said:

I got you're back hommie. 
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    BS
    Bernie Sanders? You're jumping on the BS train, too?! Sweet! 
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Present.

Really just been busy. Made $3000 a month in the Army, making $2000 a month now with insurance about to start coming out. As of late, been working 5 days a week 24 hour shifts. Unfortunately  bankruptcy is a real option at this point...&8.56 aint paying the bills.

Miss you guys, but have not been smoking at all and what little time I do have at home I spend with the family.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transitioning out the military can definitely be hard. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Hopefully things will start looking up soon.  Hang in there.

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Post-911 GI Bill is great. I finished my undergrad with it, but I wish there was a graduate school component to it. 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Randy, good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about the rough spell but things will get better for you I'm sure, you're not one to sit on your arse and take it.  Concerned that you're not smoking, may have to do something about that.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Cliches here... but Dave Ramsey brother Randy. We got out of debt in a year all but the mortgage.. Look up his books. They work.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Cliches here... but Dave Ramsey brother Randy. We got out of debt in a year all but the mortgage.. Look up his books. They work.
    Funny you say that, my wife said one of her friends used the book so I picked it up. He's mostly telling you stuff you know, but hearing it from someone successful helps. We're doing it.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did that and it changes your mindset about spending. Good luck bro!