Options

Organized Group Reviews

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    brianetz1 said:
    Why wouldn't you just create one thread where everyone puts their review?  that would make 100% more sense to me and would make it pretty easy to get to and cut down on the amount of threads to search through.

Because some established large threads are so big that searching for something specific within that thread has proven to be not so easy.

In a year we could have 52 reviews and 150 or 200 pages to look through in order to find different cigar's reviewed, plus there would be lots of overlapping posts of different cigars. No thanks. I'd rather have separate threads for each cigar. 

That's my two cents. 

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Using one thread was easier with the old forum because you could change the title throughout to reflect a new cigar. Now, we can't. So searching and organizing would be more difficult. Considering how dead the review section has been overall, I don't see an issue with individual threads for each cigar. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    brianetz1 said:
    Why wouldn't you just create one thread where everyone puts their review?  that would make 100% more sense to me and would make it pretty easy to get to and cut down on the amount of threads to search through.

Because some established large threads are so big that searching for something specific within that thread has proven to be not so easy.

In a year we could have 52 reviews and 150 or 200 pages to look through in order to find different cigar's reviewed, plus there would be lots of overlapping posts of different cigars. No thanks. I'd rather have separate threads for each cigar. 

That's my two cents. 

I think we were on the same page.  I was meaning create an individual thread for each week's review rather than everyone making their own threads and having 20 different threads to go through to find something.  Create 1 thread weekly for the reviews to go into and then everyone puts their review there, then next week a new thread is created and dated.  it would create almost a 1 stop repository for info on that specific cigar.

I thought the idea being bantered about was everyone creating their own thread and putting their review there.

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Brian, what you are describing is what we are doing.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have a tattoo they want to trade for?  I have extras of the media noches that I could swap with you if needed.  I guess I smoked all of the tattoos I had.  My B&M doesnt carry this Tat blend either.
    I can get you one of these. Should be able to get to the PO on Thursday.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    brianetz1 said:

That's my two cents. 

I think we were on the same page.  I was meaning create an individual thread for each week's review rather than everyone making their own threads and having 20 different threads to go through to find something.  Create 1 thread weekly for the reviews to go into and then everyone puts their review there, then next week a new thread is created and dated.  it would create almost a 1 stop repository for info on that specific cigar.

I thought the idea being bantered about was everyone creating their own thread and putting their review there.

Right. we actually are on the same page. LOL

The point I was making in one of my earlier posts was for whoever starts each weeks thread to be using a consistent format in naming it similarly week after week so that it would be easily searchable in the future . 

Let's say next week's review will be titled, 

"Week two group review 6/22/15 -- AF Hemingway"
    the next one would be 
    "Week three group review 
    6/29/15 -- DPG Serie JJ"

And if each following week gets titled similarly, you would be able to search all the  threads by "cigar name" or by "group review" or "date" or by  "week two" or "week three"

I'm sure I'm over-thinking it but, now-a-days we can't edit the first post or any post, it sucks.