Home Non Cigar Related
Options

getting into vaping?

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Ok guys... the girlfriend is trying to get into vaping. She has little knowledge on the subject and I have even less.
What kind if things should we be looking for?
Concerns include battery life, tank leaks, wick life/cost, and durability.
Any thoughts?
Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about so use small words....

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's trying to get into it or is she trying to get YOU into it? 

I've tried it once.

I was looking for one that might taste like a cigar. Didn't find one. 

I came away with a lot of questions.

Like, How about a list of ingredients? No list? Really? I'm wary of them. 

I think it's great that they help people get off cigarettes but, even with cigarettes you know the ingredients. 
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    She is looking into it. 
    I may or may not be along for the ride. 
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    People really over thing the e-liquid issues... The ingredients are simple. Propylene glycol (which is in a ton of the stuff we consume regularly), Vegetable Glycerin (which is a natural ingredient in a lot of things we consume regularly) and flavoring. the same flavoring in candy, drinks and other foods. Really isn't a huge issue. lol

As for vaping setups... What exactly is she looking into a vape pen setup? That is simple stick battery that the atomizer screws onto. OR an actual mechanical mod or regulated box device with rebuildable atomizers?

Simple break down of the two... The vape pen setup - eGo makes some good starter kits. you can find those practically anywhere online. lol I have a Joytech eGrip that is a cool little hand held device. Simple to use and the battery lasts a while.

Mech mods and regulated boxes... Those can be a little more spendy. Batteries are VERY important in this arena. Any legit Sony VTC4 batteries are killer and can handle most any self-made coils for RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) down to .10 ohms. Samsung 25Rs are great too.

im sure there are tons more questions you might have... Ask them! I know quite a bit about the vaping hardware and the building processes. Hit me up in PM or here and ill do my best to answer your questions.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    A good simple starter setup would be an iStick or IPV mini with a Kanger subtank. Great mods and simple tank system. I forgot to mention that in the previous post. Any vape shop should have those in stock (hopefully). If not ordering online is a good place to start.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    People really over thing the e-liquid issues... The ingredients are simple. Propylene glycol (which is in a ton of the stuff we consume regularly), Vegetable Glycerin (which is a natural ingredient in a lot of things we consume regularly) and flavoring. the same flavoring in candy, drinks and other foods. Really isn't a huge issue. lol

As for vaping setups... What exactly is she looking into a vape pen setup? That is simple stick battery that the atomizer screws onto. OR an actual mechanical mod or regulated box device with rebuildable atomizers?

Simple break down of the two... The vape pen setup - eGo makes some good starter kits. you can find those practically anywhere online. lol I have a Joytech eGrip that is a cool little hand held device. Simple to use and the battery lasts a while.

Mech mods and regulated boxes... Those can be a little more spendy. Batteries are VERY important in this arena. Any legit Sony VTC4 batteries are killer and can handle most any self-made coils for RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) down to .10 ohms. Samsung 25Rs are great too.

im sure there are tons more questions you might have... Ask them! I know quite a bit about the vaping hardware and the building processes. Hit me up in PM or here and ill do my best to answer your questions.

Where is the nicotine in your description? Seems like this **** is easily attained by under aged youth thinking they are just sucking flavored vapors as you describe. What are you, a **** distributor of this ****? Well ass hole you better not forget the **** nicotine these kids are getting addicted to.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Was you having a bad day @Dark_Roast? He was just trying to help a brother out..kids shouldn't be on this site, so let's talk about it before we call someone out and call them an ass hole..

Just ask if you want to know the nicotine content..do you have all the facts?  

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Yea probably having a bad day. Sorry LC66
  • Options

Where is the nicotine in your description? Seems like this **** is easily attained by under aged youth thinking they are just sucking flavored vapors as you describe. What are you, a **** distributor of this ****? Well ass hole you better not forget the **** nicotine these kids are getting addicted to.

I don't have nicotine in mine. HENCE THE REASON I FORGOT!!!! lol Everything can easily be attained by a smart minor. So don't go making nicotine out be the leader of the axis od evil here. Jesus. Sure as hell hope you were off your rock that day otherwise I would be pretty damn pissed at your response.
  • Options
    Lets also not forget the fact that kids are getting their hands on cigarettes... which it has been proven by the FDA that vapor has far less harmful aspects to it that cigs. Im not a distributor or trying to change peoples minds on vaping. I have been keeping an eye on the vape worlds progress (mostly cause it interests me and I vape regularly) and have done quite a bit of research cause people get so freaked over it. I don't want to be spouting off nonsense if I don't know where to find proper info to back it up.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    I make my own liquid. Only thing to watch for is custards.they crack plastic tanks. I use VG and nic and flavor.unless its for Chris.no nic for him.pg Is in some flavors but its minimal amount because it makes my sinuses leak.don't believe the fda or big tobacco they just want you scared so they can take your money.oh and pharma! No Cancer no $$$$!
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"