Home Non Cigar Related

What are you daydreaming about today?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I thought this might be entertaining.. Most of us find ourselves on this site cause we don't have anything to do at the time or have something to ask or something important to post... WELL This is for the people who don't have anything better to do with their time... What are you daydreaming about today?

Ill get is started. There was an article on MSN today about 10 treasures that haven't been discovered yet... How AWESOME would it be to find a buried/hidden treasure? One of the local legends in the PNW is the story of a buried treasure in the Neahkahnie mountains. If I recall properly a pirate stole a massive amount to treasure from Spain and ended up getting chased by the armada into the Neakahnie area. The ship took shelter in a cove, got surrounded and the captain and his men took their booty into the mountains/forest and buried it. Legend has it... its never been found. HOW COOL WOULD IT BE TO FIND TREASURE????
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Booty in the forest, hmmm.  I'll get back to you with a daydream, it's beach season here, then again maybe I won't.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My office window overlooks the outdoor swimming pool of the apartment building next door. A few of the ladies sitting by the pool (and especially the lifeguardesses) could give the gals of the "Bums of the Week" thread a run for the money. But this is more pipedream than daydream, actually...productivity tumbles.....
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    My office window overlooks the outdoor swimming pool of the apartment building next door. A few of the ladies sitting by the pool (and especially the lifeguardesses) could give the gals of the "Bums of the Week" thread a run for the money. But this is more pipedream than daydream, actually...productivity tumbles.....
    Sexist, lol.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Today... Daydreaming about actually being able to plan an instrument. Lol 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planning our trip to Washington and Oregon with our travel trailer. I.e., itinerary, food and supplies, etc. 

Gotta ya stock up the ol' humi and load all the accoutrements... Lighters, cutters, etc. 

We plan to be in Bellingham, WA the afternoon of 6/18....
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWCWA
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I had a friend offer to sell me a crate 289 with only 20k on it. Its been sitting for quite some time... the price is too good to pass up. Currently daydreaming about having the HP under my hood again. But its hard to let go of the decent mileage im getting with my 200 straight 6 in the mustang now. lol just imagining the clouds of tire smoke.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm daydreaming about a '63 Faema Lambro lever espresso machine.  The old commercial Italian levers perform better than just about anything, and because the supply is small, owning one lets you have great espresso with almost zero parts to wear out, while the machine gets more valuable every year.  There's one for sale locally, but he wants $3,500; it's probably worth more than that, and if I can snag it for $3K, I may just stop daydreaming about it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    I'm daydreaming about a '63 Faema Lambro lever espresso machine.  The old commercial Italian levers perform better than just about anything, and because the supply is small, owning one lets you have great espresso with almost zero parts to wear out, while the machine gets more valuable every year.  There's one for sale locally, but he wants $3,500; it's probably worth more than that, and if I can snag it for $3K, I may just stop daydreaming about it.
    Just google searched that... Beautiful!!!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Just google searched that... Beautiful!!!!
    Haha, I just did too, and agreed - that thing is beautiful! Based on the prices I´ve seen for commercial grade espresso machines, that kind of price seems pretty reasonable to me, especially considering that it´s just going to appreciate in value!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Which cigar im gonna smoke as a reward for working out...
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am daydreaming about another Ccom order.

Holy smokes Batman! They changed the selection on the build your custom sampler (a lot more sticks)

http://www.cigar.com/specials/pick-group/custom-sampler/

:)

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Moving..I hate those thoughts..but looking forward to getting settled into my new house. 
    Thinking about taking up a new hobby... Making custom leather pipe rests. Daydreaming of how I can come up with $250 to get what I need to start it up. lol

ITS BAAAAAACK!!!!

today has me daydreaming about fishing. I would really like to start fly fishing but don't have the funds to invest into it. I have been watching videos and reading about how to tie fly fishing lures and that sounds very relaxing....

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOBS ;)
    Non Crux sed lux
    ^ ok..... I can work with that!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoking a cigar... been over a week cause of the crud. I BURN tomorrow!!!!!
    I wouldn't call it daydreaming persay... im more of stuck in a perplexed state of mind... Trying to figure out how people get selected to work in super secret facilities... I mean come on.... Not everyone is an army general/janitor at Area 51 or Dulce....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer on tap....delivered by a bikini clad senorita!
    A cabin in the middle of the forest, near a river or stream, books, cigars my family enjoying time away from the big city.... sasquatch. cheeseburgers... LIKE REALLY GOOD CHEESEBURGERS!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warmer weather...  just so the bikini clad senorita bringing my beer doesn't freeze.

Oh wait, I can stop dreaming - it's 55* today!  But I still have to get my own beer.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Like Peter, I dream of having a beautiful vintage commercial lever espresso machine in a beautiful, large kitchen, but I don't have the room or the budget.  In the mean time, I get by with my beautiful vintage home levers, the Faema Faemina (which I need to rebuild), the FEAR la Peppina (with the black kettle) and the more modern Gaggia Factory (that looks like the Tin Man).  

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    Like Peter, I dream of having a beautiful vintage commercial lever espresso machine in a beautiful, large kitchen, but I don't have the room or the budget.  In the mean time, I get by with my beautiful vintage home levers, the Faema Faemina (which I need to rebuild), the FEAR la Peppina (with the black kettle) and the more modern Gaggia Factory (that looks like the Tin Man).  

That... is AWESOME! Don't worry about putting it together.... Just pack it all up in a box and send it to me!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I daydream about getting more than just a coffee corner. 

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My knees in the wind. .
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having an empty house with no kids and not hearing from them for a month at a time. ;)
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My house unpacking itself...
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scuba diving a tropical reef during the day then relaxing on the beach with a good drink, fine cigar and a beautiful woman.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.