Home General Discussion
Options

Going to Louisville

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
From 6/23 to 6/26, I'll be attending a college event in Louisville and will be staying at a Hilton hotel at 500 South Fourth Street or Avenue.  Any cigar lounges in the area?  I googled it and Indiana keeps popping up.  I guess it's just across the river, but are there any close to the hotel.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Here is a few I found. I'm 1.5 hrs from there but never been to any of them. I've never gotten a chance while I'm there.

• Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Riverside or by its new name Matches in Jeffersonville. They have a great selection of cigars, beers and whiskey's. And another great lounge is Executive cigar lounge in Shelbyville, it's right off of 64. Those are my two favorites in that area. 
  • Options
    Jay Sheppard's is risky. They aren't legally allowed to have smoking in their establishment and have been known to get raided and the smokers fined. So fair warning if you go there. 
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Jay Sheppard's is risky. They aren't legally allowed to have smoking in their establishment and have been known to get raided and the smokers fined. So fair warning if you go there. 
    Wow..I had no idea..
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Check out Riverside or by its new name Matches in Jeffersonville. They have a great selection of cigars, beers and whiskey's. And another great lounge is Executive cigar lounge in Shelbyville, it's right off of 64. Those are my two favorites in that area. 
    I have been reading up on the Executive Lounge..I'm in Shelbyville quite often. Since you vouch for that one..I'm going to check it out..
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE said:
    Rhamlin said:
    Wow..I had no idea..
    Really?? That's crazy. Seems like the establishment is at fault not the individuals. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CvilleE said:
    Rhamlin said:
    I have been reading up on the Executive Lounge..I'm in Shelbyville quite often. Since you vouch for that one..I'm going to check it out..
    You'll love it. Tell Curtis and Quinton I sent you. 
  • Options
    CvilleE said:
    Rhamlin said:
    Wow..I had no idea..
    Really?? That's crazy. Seems like the establishment is at fault not the individuals. 
    You would think so.
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Thank you so much!  I found the Matches/Riverside was about six minutes from my hotel in Louisville.  Went over there twice,  Nice bar and lounge.  You can get a drink in the bar and bring it into the lounge.

Owner was very nice and had a good selection of cigars.  Met some really nice people and enjoyed it immensely.  Thanks again for the suggestion.
  • Options
    YankeeMan said:
    Rhamlin said:
    Thank you so much!  I found the Matches/Riverside was about six minutes from my hotel in Louisville.  Went over there twice,  Nice bar and lounge.  You can get a drink in the bar and bring it into the lounge.

Owner was very nice and had a good selection of cigars.  Met some really nice people and enjoyed it immensely.  Thanks again for the suggestion.
    Excellent! Oh and Executive is in Simpsonville not Shelbyville. Don't know how I got the two mixed up. It's like one minute off 64.