Home Non Cigar Related
Options

This is a joke........right....isn't it....please

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mother of Washington state NAACP leader says daughter falsely claimed to be black

Published June 12, 2015
Controversy erupted around a local NAACP leader in Washington state Thursday after family members told a local newspaper that she had misrepresented herself as black. 

Rachel Dolezal is the head of the NAACP's chapter in Spokane and is also a part-time professor in the Africana Studies Program at Eastern Washington University. The Spokane Spokesman-Review says that Dolezal described her ethnicity as white, black, and American Indian in an application to be the volunteer chairwoman of the city's Police Ombudsman Commission, a position to which she was duly appointed. 

But Dolezal's mother, Ruthanne, told the paper that the family's actual ancestry is Czech, Swedish, and German, along with some "faint traces" of Native American heritage. 

"It's very sad that Rachel has not just been herself," Ruthanne Dolezal said. "Her effectiveness in the causes of the African-American community would have been so much more viable, and she would have been more effective if she had just been honest with everybody."

Ruthanne Dolezal said that her daughter began to "disguise herself" in the mid-2000s, after the family had adopted four African-American children. 

Rachel Dolezal did not immediately respond to her mother's claim when contacted by the Spokesman-Review, first saying "I feel like I owe [the NAACP] executive committee conversation" about what she called a "multi-layered issue."

After being contacted again, Dolezal said, "That question is not as easy as it seems. There's a lot of complexities ... and I don’t know that everyone would understand that." Later, she said, "We're all from the African continent," an apparent reference to scientific studies tracing the origin of human life to east Africa.

According to the Spokesman-Review, members of other organizations that Dolezal has belonged to have raised questions about her ethnicity as well as hate crimes that she has reported. 

A former board member of the Kootenai County (Idaho) Task Force on Human Relations, which employed Dolezal for three years as the education director for its Human Rights Education Institute in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, told the paper that he was concerned that she had been hired without proper vetting of her background.

Kurt Neumaier also told the paper that he was suspicious of several racially motivated incidents reported by Dolezal while she was in Coeur d'Alene. One specific incident he cited was the discovery of a swastika on the Human Rights Education Institute's door on a day when the organization's security cameras had been "mysteriously turned off". 

"None of them passed the smell test," Neumaier said. 

The Spokesman-Review also reported that Spokane police records for February and March of this year showed that a hate mail package Dolezal reported receiving at the NAACP's post office box did not bear a date stamp or barcode. Postal workers interviewed by police said it was highly unlikely that they had processed it and said it could only have been put there by someone with key. 

Dolezal has denied putting the package in the post office box, and the paper reported that it has received several pieces of mail written in the same style that have been date-stamped and postmarked from Oakland, Calif.

Comments

• Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds as though this lady has identity issues...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only her triple great grandpa had sold her double great grandma into transatlantic bondage as a girl for a mere bar of iron, she would now be entitled to inherit a chip on her shoulder, and to a lucrative sinecure in a vaguely-named well-intentioned newly-invented bird-brained government agency. But in truth, she is only entitled to feel guilty for the sins of ancestors who likely weren't even here at the time.

... and anyone who imagines otherwise must ipso facto be racist.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Reading Solomon Northup's "Twelve Years a Slave" last night. You can get some great books free on the innerwebz. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“But is it possible that she might actually be black? The best way that I know how to describe this and I want to be very careful here. Because I don’t want to say it’s equivalent to the transgender experience.

"But there is a useful language in trans and cis, which is to just to say some of us are born cis-gendered, some of us are born trans-gendered. But I wonder can it be that one would be cis-black and trans-black, that there is actually a different category of blackness, about the achievement of blackness, despite one’s parentage.”

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry

Solomon Northup's "Twelve Years a Slave" is a terrific book. Finished it last night while drinking a crappy rye whiskey suggested by a clerk at a very well-stocked liquor store, and smoking a very excellent shaggy-footed habano puro Chirchill rolled by a member of FairTradeTobacco forum. Sat down on the porch to read for an hour; did not get up for three. I love first hand history. I highly recommend this book. Free on the innerwebz.

... as the moralist of Northup's religious more times often animadverted:

The sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons, down to remote generations.

• Options

Rachel Dolezal Sued Howard University For Discriminating Against Her For Being White

Du2pwovtdw3m9f2bxnto
    KXLY
    ByCaitlin MacNealPublishedJune 15, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT 8056 views

Rachel Dolezal, the former president of the Spokane Chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), sued Howard University for discrimination in 2002, according to court documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.

Dolezal alleged that the school denied her a teaching assistant post, a post-graduate instructorship, and a scholarship because she was white, according to The Smoking Gun.

Dolezal, who then went by Rachel Moore, claimed that the school and Howard Professor Alfred Smith discriminated against her "based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender" while she was a graduate student in fine arts, according to the Court of Appeals opinion.

She also claimed that the university's decision to remove some of her artwork from a student exhibition in February 2001 "was motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over Moore," according to the court opinion.

Judge Zoe Bush dismissed the complaint in February 2004 after finding no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated against based on race or other factors, according to The Smoking Gun.

Dolezal resigned as president of the Spokane NAACP on Monday after multiple news outlets reported last week that she had been pretending to be black. Dolezal's parents describe themselves as white and claim that Dolezal is also white, even though she had said numerous times that she is of African-American descent.

• Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Next year she'll go by the name of Rachel Wong where she will convince people of her tough life as child sewing sweatshirts in the basement of Fong's cleaners. 

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Rachel Dolezal has been accused of plagiarizing artwork by other artists, including the The Slave Ship by J. M. W. Turner

Former Spokane NAACP president Rachel Dolezal, who was the cause of a national furor when she was outed as a white woman last week, could potentially be a plagiarist to boot.

Twitter user Jolieishere noted Sunday that there was a striking similarity between a painting Dolezal posted for sale on her blog back in 2012, and British landscaper J.M.W. Turner’s 1840 work The Slave Ship.

Dolezal (who studied art at Howard University) offered to sell her version of the painting alongside two others, and “3 poems that interact in a call-and-response dialogue with the paintings.” No price is listed, but a note above the artwork offers free shipping for purchases that exceed $2,000.

Of course, we can’t rule out the possibility that Dorezal identifies as J.M.W. Turner.

Her painting is for sale at http://www.artpal.com/dolezal?i=12713-8

i

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=084_1434464665#45irRUsQKGKtdDE2.99

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I'm a big fan of Turner's work. Dolezal/Moore, not so much.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I don't have a comment on this goofy story directly but, I have observed the media behaving badly over this. 

For example, a few days back NBC asks this provocative and ridiculous question of it's viewers in it's tease for the story prior to commercial break.  

"Why would the parents of this rising NAACP leader out her as white, while she claims to be black?"

Stupid, upside down logic aside,......... 

The parents did not initiate this "outing". In it's own segment NBC revealed that the Spokane media tracked her parents down and the parents confirmed what the Spokane media had already discovered.  But NBC and seemingly ALL the media outlets continue to promote and repeat and repeat and repeat this narrative (lie) that the parents outed her.

Why? Do the reporters in Spokane have a problem taking credit for breaking this story?     

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things just keep getting goofier.  Hmm, I wonder if I'm actually an Australian aborigine?  I really liked the guy in Crocodile Dundee, he was way cool, maybe that's who I am?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    It's TRUE, It's TRUE  --  Orange is the New Black
  • Options
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    penn said:
    That is hilarious!!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all in how she sees her identity.  I'm 5'8" and I identify at 6'2"! 
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:

If that's the case i'm 210lbs and identify at 190!
  • Options
    YankeeMan said:

If that's the case i'm 210lbs and identify at 190!
    We are on to something here B)
  • Options
    Then I have a 10" swinging in the wind