Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Can't be true....right.....but it is.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

CNN Anchor Calls Dallas Gunman's Attack On Police 'Courageous And Brave'

Published June 13, 2015

By Josh Feldman, Mediaite

During a discussion on the Dallas Police headquarters shooting this afternoon, CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield appears to have really misspoken in referring to the gunman’s actions as “courageous and brave.”

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yabbut.... How's the ratings?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

CNN’s Whitfield: ‘Misspoke’ When Calling Dallas Gunman ‘Courageous and Brave’

by Evan McMurry | 2:52 pm, June 14th, 2015 VIDEO 391

CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield made a befuddling choice of words Saturday when she described an attack on the Dallas Police Department as “very courageous and brave, if not crazy as well.” You’ll never guess what: Twitter was outraged. In addition, CNN’s Brian Stelter reported Sunday morning that the Fort Worth Police Association was calling for Whitfield to apologize and quick.

On Sunday afternoon, Whitfield very briefly addressed the incident. “I misspoke, and in no way believe the gunman was courageous, nor brave,” she said.

And business as usual at cnn......................