Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Toothache

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
So, I've had a lot of dental work done. More than my fair share to be honest. I used to see those Trident commercials featuring a hockey team and listing all their dental interventions on TV and think, "They got nothing on me." I always went to the dentist regularly (every 6 months). I don't share this looking for pity. I'm hoping my experience will save somebody a lot of unnecesary pain and expense. My Mom told me the dentist I saw during my youth lost his license. Whether that's true or just wishful thinking, I don't know. I do know that after finding a new dentist I had 10 teeth that needed to be drilled and filled. Uncanny for a 12 year-old who brushed, flossed, used a waterpik and saw his dentist regularly. I've got a mouthful of amalgam at this point and have had some issues. Most recently I had a filling chip that lead to my tooth cracking in two before the dentist could get me in. Talk about pain! Nothing helped; no OTC pain remedies, no prescription painkillers. Eugenol, the active ingredient in clove oil gave me almost immediate relief. It's available over the counter at Walgreens for less than $10. If you ever find yourself in the middle of a dental emergency, try this first! It's the same stuff the dentists use to numb the nerves during a root canal.
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's great stuff. But you miss the other advantage of clove opil, in that it banishes that awful rotten tooth flavor from your mouth.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, never heard of that.  Cracked, then broke a couple over the years but not like that, ouch!  Mine were just fatigued fillings letting go and taking some tooth with it., happens when you get older, lol.  Got a few crowns now but so far no root canals.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain.  When I was in high school I was pitching in a baseball game and I tried to catch a line drive with my jaw.  Didn't work, but I did spit out the tops of a lot of teeth.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oil of cloves is in my first aid box.